Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:56:51 PM EDT
I just got mine and man, it feels so much better than the stock plastic one. Best part is I only paid like $14 plus shipping. The only thing I had to do was drill the hole for the safety spring a little. I guess they do this so that there isn't a chance that the hole is too deep to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Where did you get your grip (website please)? I want to order one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I find the Gapper much more useful than the Houge grip and it's far cheaper.

(You did ask).

Glad you like the Houge - it seems to be very popular.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered it from Cheaper than dirt. I got it in about a week.

I don't see how the gapper is anything like the Hogue grip, isn't it just some little piece that covers the gap by the trigger guard? The Hogue grip is a whole new, much more comfortable grip than the stock hard plastic one.

Granted, it is cheaper, but not sure why it's better.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
It is the best feeling grip for the money I've ever used.  I've had one on my Glock for 15 years and I'd never use anything else.  I just put one on my AR and feel the same.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I've had one on my Ruger P94 since about 2 days after I bought it because the stock Ruger grips sucked. Hogue grips are the shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
hogue grip + gapper = a dream grip...........

i love both combined ...... you would too it DOES make a difference...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anybody have a pic of this gapper installed? I thought it was just some little piece that wedged in between the grip and trigger guard.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anybody have a pic of this gapper installed? I thought it was just some little piece that wedged in between the grip and trigger guard.

No problem grand.

By the way, the grip there is a Sierra Precision Grip with skateboard tape across the middle, ring, and pinky fingers as well as a small strip across the back. It's by far the most consistent grip I've used thus far and am very happy with it. The tape is just for extra traction because my hands sweat a bit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

it actually works PERFECT with a hogue... where it lines up with the grip and the contour.... i get a slight pinching pain holding my AR all day w/o it....... IT IS MORE THAN JUST A PICE OF RUBBER it's a F U finger saver.....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I really like my Hogue grips
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That's exactly what it is.  I've not been shooting much ARs, so I really don't see the benefit at all.  Never have my knuckles needed to be taped up for protection from the devious gap that was so poorly designed in the AR (sarcastic).  

What will they think of next?  Find a hole on your AR and fill it with wax.  Remove the wax.  Make a mold of it.  Produce 1000s of plastic 'fill ins' for whatever hole you just made a mold of.  I'll help you market it!  I'm sure the inventor of the gapper is rich now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's exactly what it is.  I've not been shooting much ARs, so I really don't see the benefit at all.  Never have my knuckles needed to be taped up for protection from the devious gap that was so poorly designed in the AR (sarcastic).  

What will they think of next?  Find a hole on your AR and fill it with wax.  Remove the wax.  Make a mold of it.  Produce 1000s of plastic 'fill ins' for whatever hole you just made a mold of.  I'll help you market it!  I'm sure the inventor of the gapper is rich now.

you mean like DILDOS just to fill in the empty hole?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Great idea. Look for AR15 dildos in the EE in a few weeks.

I gotta go make some molds now.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Does TDI make grips for AR15's? I have one on my MAK and it is awesome. The hogue looks similar. Finger grooves don't look as deep as the TDI ones though. Here is a pic.

Sorry for the crappy webcam picture. But it is all I have.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does TDI make grips for AR15's? I have one on my MAK and it is awesome. The hogue looks similar. Finger grooves don't look as deep as the TDI ones though. Here is a pic.

Yep. Here is a link to their website TDI AR-15 Grips
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+2

I've got a combo like this on my first AR and its so friggin comfortable.  I'm trying to get my grubby little hands on another gapper, but can't seem to find one
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:18:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2

I've got a combo like this on my first AR and its so friggin comfortable.  I'm trying to get my grubby little hands on another gapper, but can't seem to find one

Try Jtac here in the Industry forum
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That's exactly what it is.  I've not been shooting much ARs, so I really don't see the benefit at all.  

Take a 3 day urbarn rifle course with an AR-15, a basic grip (or the Houge) and no gloves.

Then come back and tell us you don't see the benefit or need.

I don't see how the gapper is anything like the Hogue grip, isn't it just some little piece that covers the gap by the trigger guard? The Hogue grip is a whole new, much more comfortable grip than the stock hard plastic one.

While the Houge grip may be more 'comfortable' than the standard one - it doesn't do anything about the blisters you develope on your fingers when holding the rifle all day and going from low ready to fire about 1000 times (or so it feels like it).

The gapper the cheap piece of hard rubber that it is, fixes this problem with just about all pistol grips.  That makes it a more 'useful' upgrade IMHO.  One you should have if you don't have a duckbilled pistol grip (like the Tango Down Battlegrip).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I looked closely at my lower and I can really see why the gapper would help. I think I'll go get one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top