Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 8:04:01 PM EDT
im lookin at those Tikka T3 in .223. my boss just got one in .270 wssm and his brother got the exact one also. they are highly accurate!(so ive heard, best rifle under $2k) they got 2 Tikka T3 lite stainless, 2 swarovski 3-12x50 scopes for something like $5k the rifles only cost $500 a peice. scopes cost $1579 a peice(thats 3times more than their rifle?!!?)
anyway i was thinkin of gettin a Tikka varmit or gettin some kind of upper with a match grade stainless with weaver rail (or pictanny?) at the next gun show or find on the web?

what do yall think? ill mostly be coyote hunting with it and the occassoinal crow  shoot?
i want it to shoot decent groups at 250 yds.   we hunt in cotton and corn fields. they are bout 2500yds long by 2000yds wide. so i would love for the rifle to be able to be in a kill zone at 300 yds? on a coyote. and be able to hit a crow from 150yds?maybe? ill have to find a decent scope next. when the funds come up out of the dump...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I must say if I was going to get a Bolt action right now it would be a Tikka T3.  You may look into a .243 its a sweet round for coytes but works great for deer and antelope as well.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't really have an opinion on which you should get, but I can say that I like my T3 in .270 a lot.  I have tried 3 factory loads, and they all shoot well within an inch at 100.  Good value for the money.

BruceWayne
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a T3 in 300wsm.  Too much gun for me and was sold.  This is the only bolt action I would buy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top