Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:06:34 PM EDT
Let's hear all those scary AR stories.  Stuff that happened to your AR that almost made you shit your pants.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard a guy once bump fired an AR under water and it blew up!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#2]
One time I bought 500 rounds of A-Merc IMI ammo.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The last class I ran had 2 Colts have jams (not malfunctions), while all the other rifles/ carbines ran fine.....  I figure it must be the moon or something...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I heard a guy shot a Bear with a AR15
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I heard a guy shot a Bear with a AR15
www.tenringhosting.com/ViewImage.aspx?PID=08d6dccd-13e2-4aaa-80d6-ad09347b34a4

Uh oh.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
once, there was a man who bought a hesse....
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#7]
got some brass dings on my brass deflector

scared the crap outta me the 1st time i saw it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
got some brass dings on my brass deflector

scared the crap outta me the 1st time i saw it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I heard of a guy that bought a RRA 16" carbine only to find out it was cursed! Soon after all his money was being spent on all sorts of "accessories" for the carbine. It demanded more and more, nothing would satisfy it! The curse was so foul that even the pay check could not cover all the expenditures. Finally the curse took over the poor guy so bad that he bought another cursed rifle, this time an SPR. That part of the story is too scary to be told after dark, but I can tell you it involves Knight's 2-stage triggers, Leupold scopes and other cruel devices...
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I was at the range this once and heard this guy w/ another AR (Olympic lower) that kept on jamming.  So as I let the barrel cool and load my mags, I saw him messing w/ the gun for the longest time.  So I decided to help.

I asked him what's wrong, he said there's an empty round in the chamber and the extractor isn't working.  So I looked and indeed there's a round in the chamber.  So I ejected the CLIP (CLIP CLIP CLIP!!!  ROFL - that's for you Phil) and pulled the bolt back and locked it.

I asked him again, "You are SURE that is an empty round".  "Yes, I am 110% positive" he responded.  Okay, here we go.  BANG, the stock against the table (barrel pointed upwards).  BANG, twice.  BANG, three times is the charm.

Pop comes out a live round from the chamber.

I nearly clocked the retard straight across the face.

Needless to say, I did not have much of a conversation w/ this guy afterwards.  Whoever he is, I never saw him again at the range (and, I'm at the range A LOT, like everyday after 7pm w/ about 100 rounds.).

Happy and safe halloween guys.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I heard of a guy that bought a RRA 16" carbine only to find out it was cursed! Soon after all his money was being spent on all sorts of "accessories" for the carbine. It demanded more and more, nothing would satisfy it! The curse was so foul that even the pay check could not cover all the expenditures. Finally the curse took over the poor guy so bad that he bought another cursed rifle, this time an SPR. That part of the story is too scary to be told after dark, but I can tell you it involves Knight's 2-stage triggers, Leupold scopes and other cruel devices...

That seems to be a pretty common horror story these days. Especially for poor ass college students like myself.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#12]
CAV ARMS is making ORANGE funiture now............

and a tiger stripe pattern

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
"You can't buy ARs in California anymore..."

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
"You can't buy ARs in California anymore..."

Cheers

Actually Atlantic arms has a CA legal ar...has a fixed 10 round mag that you load from the bottom. Someone needs to free CA!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Cost me $200. dollars to replace my TV. (damn John Kerry!)
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#16]
One time at boot camp, the drill sgt ask this one pvt if the M16 was gas operated. the kid replies no, we all get ticked off because we all get punished for his ignorance.  then he ask the DS, "where does the gas go" refering to fuel like gasoline

ok, the times when we go to these ranges, we'll just be there in our foxholes, chilling out, minding our own buisness then for some reason, every time we are there, these misterious short green dudes just always get the drop on us.  we never see them comming, they just apear and disapear as if mocking us when ever we shoot one down, another apears seconds later in a different spot things look grim but we're motivated and ready to kill some just seem to apear right in front of use, close enough to see their faces we just started freaking out at that point "get those little green !" we hit shoot at many as we can but they just keep comming. well, after what seems like hours, they just stop, never see them retreat, never find any bodies just vanish like the way they came.  we leave the battle bit tattered no serious casualties on our side since we're all tough
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Let's hear all those scary AR stories.

Kerry wins. All ARs confiscated. Now that's scary.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:28:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Did I give you permission to reveal my biography?

MN
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
One time at boot camp, the drill sgt ask this one pvt if the M16 was gas operated. the kid replies no, we all get ticked off because we all get punished for his ignorance.  then he ask the DS, "where does the gas go" refering to fuel like gasoline

I've been laughing for the past 15 minutes.....  I had to explain to my wife what was wrong with me!
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#20]
This one time.....at band camp.......

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top