Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 3:58:49 PM EDT
Do any companies besides Knights Armament make rail systems for mid length?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Larue
Daniel Defence
Predator P-4
Yankee Hill Machinery <---- best bang for your buck

....any more?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
There are standard midlength handguards out there also.  RRA, Armalite and Cav Arms make standard handguards in midlength.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 3:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
If I am not mistaken, all options listed here are either free float, or do not offer rails.  I am unaware of a non free float mid length rail forearm.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Armalite ALOSTYR
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:59:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If I am not mistaken, all options listed here are either free float, or do not offer rails.  I am unaware of a non free float mid length rail forearm.  

You aren't mistaken, I need to go back to the second grade and learn how to read.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#6]
A month ago I saw on the AR-10 forum someone mention a mid, railed, non FF , forearm, that could be used for both AR-10 and AR-15.   Was made of aluminium and price was about $200+

Anyone know more of this?  

Or is this just a uniciorn/bigfoot/etc?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Other options for standard handguards are to:

Use those rails that mount through the vent holes.  Kinda cheesy, but they work for limited applications.

If you just want to mount a flashlight, the single slot Streamlight mount ($20) either mounts through the vent holes, or you can drill two small holes to mount at an angled position.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top