Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 7:31:54 AM EDT
My family may be moving to Raleigh, NC from Seattle. Am I going to have to give up my AR-15 or are they legal to own there also?
Thanks,
Aaron
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
they are legal
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#2]
don't you worry. NC is a pro-gun state
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Its legal here.  Class 3 stuff can be a pain but everything else is good.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
AGauger,

Long arms aren't a problem here; NC is an open carry state. Buying a pistol in NC is a royal pain in the a$$ (Lotsa paperwork). By the way, Davi's Guns and Indoor Range in Raleigh is pretty good. Kinda spendy, tho. There are several private clubs in the RDU area, too.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Buying a pistol in NC is a royal pain in the a$$ (Lotsa paperwork).

get a NC ccw permit and handguns are easy
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If you live in Wake Co., you can join the county range.  It is an indoor range in Holly Springs.  You can shoot any rifle under .50 cal and the longest bay is 100 meters.

--QD
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
My home of residence is VA. Whenever I want to buy a hand gun, I go home. (VA requires only 2 proofs of residence) But I've seen my friends who don't have that option either go the CCW route or jump through the paperwork hoops in order to buy. It's gotten a little better with the new CCW rule, but I'm glad I kept my VA residence.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#8]
You have to give it up or get rid of all your 30 round magazines.

Any semi auto with a 30 round or greater magazine is a machine gun and requires a sheriff permit.

NEVERMIND
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top