Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2004 6:35:36 AM EDT
Picking up a used barrel and wanting to change from AK muzzle brake to a phantom or izzy type brake. Has anyone had any experience doing this? I have a general idea but just wanted to test the water to see if anyone had any special tips or tricks.

Thanks
Doc
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Special Tip?  Send it to ADCO and let them do the work.

Some AK brakes were threaded then blind pinned & welded - some were 'slip overs' then pinned.  The slip overs often have the pin sticking out - if you have one of these you'll need to also get the barrel threaded.

Best just to send it to the pros and have them do the work.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I talked to Bushmaster and they said it was pinned in two places and welded. If all else fails I'll take it to Ron Smith here in Az. He's close and does good work.

Thanks
Doc
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top