Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 2:53:08 PM EDT
I am currently having a Rock river AR built for me.  16", flash supp, midlength handguard, flat top, flip up front and rear sights, lighter trigger springs, and M4 stock.  I also have a Bushy Post ban 20 inch heavy barrel, standard A2 everything.  Should I keep my Bushy?  It was my first real gun and has been a best friend for 5 years now....I am owrried that if we part ways I won't like my RRA as much as my Bushy.....but I need to thin my herd some to help finance the RRA........help me with some input please!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am currently having a Rock river AR built for me.  16", flash supp, midlength handguard, flat top, flip up front and rear sights, lighter trigger springs, and M4 stock.  I also have a Bushy Post ban 20 inch heavy barrel, standard A2 everything.  Should I keep my Bushy?  It was my first real gun and has been a best friend for 5 years now....I am owrried that if we part ways I won't like my RRA as much as my Bushy.....but I need to thin my herd some to help finance the RRA........help me with some input please!

Selling your first is never easy. Just shoot your new RRA and it will ease your pain.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Never, ever sell any guns unless absolutely necessary, expecially if it is a perfectly good AR.  Unless you are ass-out broke, don't sell the Bushy.  Find some other way to juggle your finances to pay for the RRA.  

And, if you are ass-out broke, what the heck are you doing having a new RRA built for you inthe first place?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Never, ever sell any guns unless absolutely necessary, expecially if it is a perfectly good AR.  Unless you are ass-out broke, don't sell the Bushy.  Find some other way to juggle your finances to pay for the RRA.  

And, if you are ass-out broke, what the heck are you doing having a new RRA built for you inthe first place?hr

Well said If you sell one to buy one, you still have just one. Better to have two!! Trust me, keep it.
you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a rule that I will always follow..

1) Dont buy it if you arent going to keep it... I will never sell any of my guns, ( or my watches) Id eat spoonfulls of dirt if I was hungry...No way do I sell......
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I've bought a lot of guns, and I've sold a lot.  I've gotten to the point now that I will NOT sell any of my guns.  I know I will regret it latter.  I can't stand to think about some of the ones I've sold.  I've learned to be patient, and to save the money for what I really want.  So I would have to say DON'T sell it.  That's just my opionion.

btw everyone needs both.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top