Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2004 12:02:54 PM EDT
has anyone had any probs with the arms flattop aimpoint mount on a rra upper coming loose or anything like that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
RRA had a bunch of their early flat tops that were under size, but they have fixed that and there are now a lot of ARMS throw levers now on them.
Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
check the two screws under the mount I have two of them and the both came loose over time Blue loctite solved the problem.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
check the two screws under the mount I have two of them and the both came loose over time Blue loctite solved the problem.[/quot

Loctight is a good idea on any screws, especialy those that go into a stainless steel bushing like they use. They told me that since they never know if a customer is going to need a spacer on the modular ht. ring, they leave it up to the customer. With it already loc-tighted, people would complain it was too hard to get them seperated to incert a spacer.
Jack
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That's why you use blue, it is for light settings but you can break it free with a screw driver. (DO NOT USE RED) or you will need heat to release it. I used the #222MS that comes with most Arms products.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top