Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/27/2004 7:26:37 AM EDT
Hi there. I'm new here but I've been reading and learning from you guy/gals for a while now.

I have a question about Lauer lowers, or for that sake any AR lower. Is the LE stamped lower more desireable than the standard lower? I currently have a non stamped lower but thought about adding an LE.

The reason why I'm asking is that Lauer has the LE stamped lowers listed on GunBroker.com for a very good price ($110.00). Enter "restricted" in the search area.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
No.  Perhaps to some but not to most.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! Friendly group here. hty
Well, thanks I guess. Kate.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Kaytie. welcome!
As far as the "PREFERED TYPE" I own both and know of no differences in the two outside of the stampings (LE). I would suggest that you let price and reputation be the deciding factor for you. All of mine are RRA made. Not that this (RRA) is better than others but it has proven to be the most reliable for me.
Either way I think that a woman with an AR is awesome!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
$110 is a good price for a Lauer lower, LE markings or not.  I personally don't care for whether my rifle has the markings or not, but some do.  I paid $135 for each of my Lauer lowers (I guess I just couldn't resist that uber tactical roll mark), so at $110 for a Lauer, you can't go wrong.

ETA:

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:24:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Lauer lowers are made by Grizzly (edit I think) and supposed to be high quality, though I do not have one. I have done business with Lauer in the past and have had good luck with them.

The LEO markings are meaningless, I can't imagine any reason to pay more for them. Personally I wouldn't want one. All I can foresee happening is getting stopped by some dimwit cop who sees that marking and tries to hold you there until he figures out it's okay for you to have the lower.

$ 110 isn't a bad price, but you can get a good lower for less than that. I have never paid over $ 90 delivered for a lower, I don't(I think that's how Aimless meant to write it?) think. "Iblis" on the equipment exchange (the actual name of the business is Carrico's Armory) has mega lowers for a good price and Eagle Firearms has Stag Lowers (which are basically identical to RRA lowers) for a good price.

Mine are LMT.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:46:24 AM EDT
[#7]
LAUER ARE MADE BY [  LMT  ].  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Lauer lowers are made by DPMS, according to Tom at LCW.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#11]
...oh, and by the way...

Hi!!!  How are ya doin'???

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:50:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, maybe you're right...but Tom at Lauer Custom Weaponry told me in person that they are made by DPMS.  I live about 10 minutes away from LCW and I am in their shop regularly.

I guess they don't know where they get their own lowers from
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:18:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe they buy some from both, I don't know.  But the Lauer lowers Denny sells are LMT made.  Also, GUns & Weapons For Law enforcement actually did a write up on the LCW rifles and lowers this past summer, they noted several times how they were made by LMT.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]
It wouldn't surprise me if they use more than one source for lowers.  They probably use more than one source for other parts too.

I have heard (not verified) that Bushmaster uses more than one source for various parts too.

BTW- I'm not bashing LCW...not at all.  I like the guys down there and I'm sure they make a rifle you could bet your life on.  I may buy one some day, but their a little too pricey for a guy trying to get thru school and raise 2 babies, etc.

I'm not bashing DPMS either.  I have 2 friends that own them and they got more than their money's worth.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:21:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Is that a bad thing that there is no oil hole???
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I purchased 2 Lauer lowers from Denny, they are my favorite also! Plus Denny is one of the best people on this board!

@ $110 you can not go wrong for a Lauer receiver, and the LE mark adds a bonus to the purchase
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I think that not having the oil hole is not a bad thing.  I've never put oil in there.  Until a few moments ago I thought that hole was put there to aid in assembly of the front take down pin.  With the lowers I've assembled I've used a small sewing pin to compress the spring and then another to hold the spring in place through the oil hole until I got the front take down pin into it's proper place.  You learn something new everyday here.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:10:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi there. Well now, that's a better reception from theBUBBAMANcan.Take care, Kate
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Ranking the lowers I recently purchaed

1- LCW
2- Colt
3- Bushmaster
4- PWA

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think that not having the oil hole is not a bad thing.  I've never put oil in there.  Until a few moments ago I thought that hole was put there to aid in assembly of the front take down pin.  With the lowers I've assembled I've used a small sewing pin to compress the spring and then another to hold the spring in place through the oil hole until I got the front take down pin into it's proper place.  You learn something new everyday here.

The above, marked in red, is my understanding.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got:
1 - LCW (another inbound from Denny as of yesterday)
2- Colts
1- RRA

By far, my LCW is my favorite.  Better finish and functions like a dream.
Welcome to ARF Kate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top