Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 3:33:50 AM EDT
I just purchased an AR15.  It was sent to my FFL dealer.  I filled out a yellow piece of paper, he (the FFL guy) called it in and said it will be a few days before he gets a response back.  I thought it should only take a few minutes.  Why? I do not have any felonies or domestic disturbances.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
What country is 'ALB'?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:55:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The yellow form is the 4473 and is federal. In Va. we fill out a seperate white form for the state instant background check and they can take up to 3 days to do the check if necessary.
There must be some kind of problem, computers down, someone with a similar name etc. Just hang it'll come!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:56:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What country is 'ALB'?

I think he means Alabama.... ??
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm from TX.  Don't know why ALB is listed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:15:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  
The FFL guy said if he has not heard anything by Friday, I can come pick it up.  It was interesting listening to him call it in.  
for example: He told them I was buying a long rifle.  Do you also have to provide them with the serial number, rifle type etc.?

I just can't wait to get it.  I fired a friend of mines 15 a few weeks ago and just had to have one.
I carried one 30 years ago in the infantry.  I've never owned a firearm in my life.  I was always too scared of being labeled something other than a good citizen.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:17:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought FarmBoy was from Albania (then again they wouldn't have our "yellow forms").  FarmBoy, if you live in Texas get yourself a CHL then you won't have to wait for anything.  

ManDog
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Farmboy, I'm glad you finally realized that part of being a good citizen IS owning a firearm.  Sounds like when they started doing your check you were probably TOO clean.  :)
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Farmboy, you are lucky you only have to wait 3 days! In F**king Connecticut it's 2 weeks unless you have a carry permit. How F**king lame is that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:14:15 AM EDT
[#9]
move to Arizona..., where you look at it, pay for it, dealer calls in IF buyer does NOT have CCW, get clearance in two minutes, walk out the door after paper work complete, everyone is happy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top