Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2004 4:00:41 PM EDT
It seems everyone wants an LMT upper or component on their rifle from a quick glance at the equipment exchange and discussion board. What is so good about these parts? Are they any different than other manufacturers? Do they manufacture for the military as well as civilian sales?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read about alot of people having problems with LMT uppers right here on this forum.............so beware before you buy...........
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've read about alot of people having problems with LMT uppers right here on this forum.............so beware before you buy...........

Do you have links to the threads?  I thought LMT was supposed to be the holy grail of uppers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
1:7 barrles standard.
4150(?) They use the better of the steal used for barrels.
T markings.
True M4 feedramps.
High Quality (I have read a few threads about troubles with LMT, but what company doesn't let a     lemon out sometimes. LMT will take care of you of you are unhappy.)
They are a Government supplier.
They make stuff for Colt, DSA, Laure Custom Weaponry.
Dealers such as Wes Grant and C4iGrant have nothing but good things to say about them, Wes Grant is selling a bunch to contracters that are seeing use in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We've got 10 of the uppers now (some on LMT lowers), and they are beyond awesome. 6 of ours are close to 3.5K rounds through them, and a ton of abuse/neglect, and they're running perfect.

The LMT CQBR uppers are the best functioning short uppers that I have ever used, and I've used everything short of the CQB MRP.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have links to the threads?  I thought LMT was supposed to be the holy grail of uppers.

search Shivan's posts, he had a few issues and there are a few cosmetic issues.  The cosmetic problems seem to have been resolved by LMT and there haven't been any reports of any uppers made in the past 4-5 months that I'm aware that had cosmetic issues, mine was assembled 6-26 and purchased 7-8ish, and is flawless cosmetically.  and it shoots very well.  

I think the other issues that have been brought up, often relate to their "enhanced" bolt and/or carrier,

but IMHO, for the price and the things you get(-4150 steel barrels -chrome lined barrels-M4 feed ramps-RAS T numbers-1/7 barrel twist) it's hard to beat the price since Colt is the only other company making factory assembled uppers with these features without custom ordering.

I'd post a pic of mine, but my camera is being repaired at the moment.

ETA: not to mention the company takes care of any mistakes promtly, I had a buffer extension tube that was out of spec and it was replaced and back in my hands within 4 days the majority which was the 2 days there and 2 days back of shipping.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Karl has been making parts for many manufacturers for years and is a great guy.  I have not had any problems with LMT products.  and yes LMT does supply various goodies to the military.  I believe he is one of the only M203 manufacturers..but don't quote me on that.

very good stuff!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top