Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 1:36:07 PM EDT
The supply seems to have dried up substantially.  

I'd really like a stand-alone launcher in the $200 range that can handle gas canisters and flares, with the potential to later register as a DD and use Flechettes or Buckshot.

Here are my current findings:

RPB--doesn't make them anymore and isn't planning to.

Et Cetera-- parts are out of stock, and it will be a while before they have any launchers for sale.

DPMS-- they have a nice dedicated AR upper, but is $389 for just the upper.  They say it will take a couple fo weeks to ship.

Bushmaster-- They catalogue a rifle length M-203 type 37mm launcher for $199.  They say they have a few in stock, but it won't fit a carbine (I don't have a 20" gun).

What am I missing?  Where can I get a good launcher for cheap?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Why won't the bushy fit a carbine? I had the same unit mounted on a 16 inch at one time (Someone gave it to me) I recently mounted it on a 20 inch "M-16" Upper  works fine on either....

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That was what they told me when I called.  It also speciifically says so on their web site.

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/buttstocks/701-20lsk.asp
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You are going to have to search this site but its a cool site!
      http://37mm.com/
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
On a side note:
If you are going to use it as a DD, then be sure to get a Steel one, the Aluminum will not stand up to higher pressures from heavier loads including less lethal (bean bags), and you might rupture the barrel.
Most sites clearly state that their 37s are strictly for smoke and flare use.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:28:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking for the person that is selling the 37mm type launcher that shoots golf balls? no kidding i saw it  about a month ago.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought that was a muzzle device used with blanks?
Golf balls won't fit in a 37mm barrel.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a RPB launcher for sale.  It was mounted once to a 20'' Bushmaster and fondled a bit, but never shot.  It has the steel barrel and is a solid piece.  Let me know if you're interested.
Shane
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually I can offer you something else in the same realm.  I have a mounting kit to mount an Remington 870 shotgun under an AR-15.  I never installed it, so everything is still new.
Shane
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top