Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 9:46:36 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone would know what the difference, if any would be between the 2 buffers shown below.  Both were removed from new Bushmaster lowers with BM ribbed 6-position CAR stocks attached.

Additonal Pic #1
Additonal Pic #2

Thanks to all who have replied.  The free exchange of good information is just one of the things that makes this board so great.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Do they weigh the same? That would have a bigger impact on performance rather than differences in component material.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The buffer on the right doesn't look like it has any finish on it.  Also, it doesn't have the flat cuts on the head like current buffers.  It looks like an original Colt carbine buffer with the opaque orange plug without any finish.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
rhs is the old style...

as previously stated, but both will run fine
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I got a couple of the yellow bumper ones in a different brand stock ( listed as Tony's Custom Uppers) the other day from Brownells. The other one is the style I got in the Rock River stocks I got from Brownells and a DPMS stock I got from Midwayusa. It has the edge cuts and a different finish.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
rhs is the old style...

as previously stated, but both will run fine

I don't know what "old style" you're talking about, but it sure as hell isn't a Colt  "old style".

Early Colt carbine buffers did not have a split pin at the rear.  They were held in by ribs at the inner rear of the tube. I have no idea what later Colt pieces were like, though.  My own early buffer was made in 1978
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top