Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 7:08:25 PM EDT
Trying to find the original link to this picture of the forum here. Who's rifle is this? I was wondering which buttstock this is, which pistol grip, and which rear pop up site (buis)? This gun is so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye. Help me find the original link (in one of the two picture threads? I have a slow connection and can't look at them all) and help answer my questions about this beauty.

http://members.aol.com/visionlift/gunpictures/AR
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#1]
LMT SOPMOD buttstock, Hogue pistol grip, ARMS#40 BUIS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
LMT SOPMOD buttstock, Hogue pistol grip, ARMS#40 BUIS

I believe the owner is from DEU.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
DEU?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Pistol grip is Hogue.

Rear BUIS is ARMS #40.

Front BUIS is YHM front flip.

Hard to tell from here whether the buttstock is a real Crane or a clone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#5]
the owner is from europe IIRC?

Remman
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Pistol grip is Hogue.

Rear BUIS is ARMS #40.

Front BUIS is YHM front flip.

Hard to tell from here whether the buttstock is a real Crane or a clone.

It is the LMT Crane clone stock.  I remember his post about it.

When I said he is from DEU I meant Europe.  He had a flash hider on that before we could.  I know that because when I was young and stupid I asked how he had a FH on a post-ban gun.  A fellow member said that I can see that he is from DEU and that our rules do not apply to him.

But nonetheless that is a killer rig!
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#7]
With the front YMH BUIS, I see that he still has his regular M4 handguards on.

With the YMH gas block buis, is there any other mods necessary to do this?...i..e. keep using my regular handguards. In other words, does the front handguard sleeve/holder/whatever work with the YMH gas block buis exactly the same as the original FSB?

Also, what's the deal with the front sling attachment? The original ring hangs below the gun and is attached the the original FSB, right? So is the one on this gun an aftermarket item? Where could a side sling attachment like this be obtained?

Someone who knows, let me know.

I will recreate this rifle...it will be mine....AH...HA..HA...HA...

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#8]
its nice

needs a surefire now....
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:21:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Help with the requested front end info?

Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#10]
If i recall correctly that AR belongs to a Finnish shooter, who posts on the boards.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you know his screen name? If I had that, I could just PM him all these questions and quit buggin' you guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Newbie ?

What optics and mount is he using?
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Owner of this carbine is Hummin´Bird and he is from Finland. And yes, the stock is real LMT and he paid his ass off to get it

Edited to add whole list:

Carbine is Rock River Arms Entry Tactical
with
ARMS #40
YHM Flip Up Front Sight
Aimpoint ML2 on ARMS #22M68
LMT Crane telestock

Picture was in the old Picture thread IIRC.

MN
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
M4A2....you're the man. Thanks.

The Mystery is Finally Solved.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#15]
You´re welcome

MN
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Hello all!

Yeah, that's my carbine at the top, thanks for all the compliments.  MN, you forgot that it has the KAC 2-stage, I paid my ass off for that too, so it can't go unmentioned!

The front sling attachment on the side came with the RRA Entry Tactical when I first purchased it in pre-ban configuration Feb 2004. It had the normal front sight base back then and had the sling loop at the side as shown and also at the bottom. The handguards are regular CAR handguards, not M4 style.

Anyway, it's really a sweet rifle, very well balanced and comfortable to shoot. I can't think of a single thing to change in this setup, except for a sound suppressor sometime in the future.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm glad if I can be of any assistance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:42:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks Hummin' Bird. Beautiful set up.

One last question:

Was there any modifications necessary to the CAR handguards once you put on the new YMH FSB?

I want to use my original M4 Handguards with the YMH FSB and was wondering if I could.

Thanks again for letting my start a thread about your gun. I'll get back to you if I can think of any other questions.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#18]
No, I didn't have to modify the handguards in any way. The YHM front sight is good to go with the standard handguards.

And you're welcome, I'm glad you like my rifle as much as I do.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#19]
WOW

Left-handed people can shoot too?!  

Tex78
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
WOW

Tex78

Er, I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm not left-handed physically nor politically.  I don't think I'm much of a shooter either.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WOW

Tex78

Er, I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm not left-handed physically nor politically.  I don't think I'm much of a shooter either.

Aww Crap!
I was looking at the pic wrong (I was in a hurry K?) and for some reason thought the side sling was on the opposite side of normal!

I need to slow down when I post!

Tex78

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top