Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 6:17:51 PM EDT
I'm looking to build my first M4 type rifle. I'm thinking of getting a CMMG 16"MOD4A3 upper and putting it on a RRA lower. ARMS#40 BUIS and EOtech 511F. Anyone have any knowledge of this build that would be helpful to me? Any sample pics would be great. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I gots the CMMG 16"MOD4A3 upper, on a Bushmaster lower, (color matched real good too)

RASII, ARMS#40 and an EOthing 512.

Which I love to show off...

Need to update with some new pics, as a few things are different now, and the filled lettering is now v2.0 (looks kick-butt too, if I do say so myself.

Tex78
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
OK I ordered the CMMG upper, now to decide what lower...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck with my forged DPMS lowers, and they might be easier to come by than Rock River stuff.

This upper is CMMG too by the way...

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
ok.
I have a CMMG upper and a RRA lower.  Color match was almost perfect, but the upper will appear shiny at first.  but that is due to oil which will slowly evaporate/scrubbed off with time and/or Hoppes.  

Matches up well.  I am very happy with it.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Couldn't let this go by, heres me shooting Krazny's gun.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
This is mine - RRA upper and lower
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I have a CMMG upper and a RRA lower.  Color match was almost perfect, but the upper will appear shiny at first.  but that is due to oil which will slowly evaporate/scrubbed off with time and/or Hoppes.  
Matches up well.  I am very happy with it.

Krazny, how was the fit? was it a tight fit, did it leave any gaps...thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've had good luck with my forged DPMS lowers, and they might be easier to come by than Rock River stuff.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/M4gery2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/M4gery3.jpg

Duke -- is that the one I borrowed for the COF at the last MODCC shoot?  If'n it is, then people shouldn't worry about that little discoloration (a bit lighter shade of grey) on the barrel in the first pic.....that would be from Duke doing a mag-dump-and-a-half into the last target in the course -- it got a little hot
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#9]
My CMMG/Stag.  Stag is by the same guys that make RRA, so it should be similar.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]
when i get home i will do some pics of my CMMG M4. i thought i had some here at work but for the life of me i cant find them. Ronald
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#11]
It is a pretty tight fit. No gaps.  I am really happy with mine.   It hasn't given me any problems yet.  (Well, 1, but that was because we ran 300 rds thru it with a can on it without lube, and Brasspile fixed that)

Yea, CMMG is a great company.  Fast service and shipping.  I had my upper 26 hours after ordering it.  And I will be dealing with them again.  Well, as soon as my checkbook allows anyway. . .  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/M4gery2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/MolonLabe/M4gery3.jpg

Duke -- is that the one I borrowed for the COF at the last MODCC shoot?  If'n it is, then people shouldn't worry about that little discoloration (a bit lighter shade of grey) on the barrel in the first pic.....that would be from Duke doing a mag-dump-and-a-half into the last target in the course -- it got a little hot

Yeah and these pictures were taken that night, after I got back home.  So those pictures are what the gun looks like with absolutely no oil on the barrel at all, and totally dirty from a couple hundred rounds of Wolf rapid-fired through it.

I'm going to take another photo soon since I've added more goodies to my rifle since then.  I now have an "urban counter-sniper" setup of optics and bipod that are all on quick-detach mounts.  Muhahhaaa....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I ordered my lower and parts kit from ADCO...it looks like it will be here tomorrow! man that's fast thanks ADCO! And I ordered the upper from CMMG, can't wait to build it! I still have a Bushmaster 16"m4 /profile bbl comin soon that I will place for sale if I like my build better

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#14]
any others?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top