Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:33:45 PM EDT
I put together an M4gery with a DPMS lower and RRA upper.  A friend of mine who knows quite a bit about AR's helped me install a Bushy 2-stage trigger.  Problem is, no matter how little or how much I adjust it, it wants to stick at  the second stage if I dont drop the hammer.  Everything was installed following the instructions to the "T" and everything is lubricated accordingly.  The gun fires fine, no problems, but I had a few go off before I wanted because I was looking for the first stage, and the gun was engaging the second.  If anyone has had any similar problems I'd appriciate some advice.  Is this trigger even compatible with the lower?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same prob. with Bushmaster's two stage trigger. Got rid of it and installed a Jewell.
Prob. solved. By the way, this was in a Bushmaster lower.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:38:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I just put one in a Bushy lower a few weeks ago. It works fine. It adjusted to give me a good first and second stage. Go back and try starting from the beginning on installation and follow the the directions very closely. Send it back if it doesn't work because it should. That's what you payed for.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I could try re-installing it, but I felt pretty good with our job the first time.  It might be worth a try before I junk it.  As for sending it back, it was givin to me by a friend when he got a lighter 2-stage KAC for his Grendel.  It came installed in his Varmiter and he never had a prob.  They might not be compatible (lower and trigger) but I wouldnt see why.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmmmm, how many guys are there with a Grendel/KAC combo running around here?
To piggyback, I never had a problem with this trigger in my Bushy lower. As for how it feels in his lower......definitely not the way it was functioning while installed in mine. I've adjusted and adjusted and the damn thing keeps acting up. Anybody got any suggestions? This isn't a case of dumbass doing install without knowledge (or maybe it is )
Brad, I still say you should just mount that nice little RRA/WOA match trigger I've got sitting in my safe, I hear it now calling your name.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed my first RRA NM two stage into my Bushy lower.. This was my first trigger install.

I followed the break in instructions to the T and it works great.

Make sure you thumb the hammer and lock into the trigger 10 to 20 times, this sets the throw eveningly per the instructions..Did you perform this break in after it was installed ??

I have the instructions if you need them.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The BM trigger is a copy of the Compass Lake Engineering(CLE) 2 stage trigger.  You can go to there web site and get a quick copy of the instructions of how to tune (adjust) the trigger.  I had a CLE trigger installed by Frank White, and I like it.  It works great.  Some say the RRA is a better trigger.  

I would have to say, try and adjust it some more.  Visit the Compass Lake Web site and see about there adjustments.  They do apply, as I said before.  The BM trigger is a copy of the CLE trigger.  So all the info at Compass Lake should apply.

Good luck,

btw make sure your useing MOLY to lubricate the trigger with.  Nothing else seems to work near as good.  You can get the MOLY from BM.  I have some on order from them myself.  Once a year I take the trigger out and do a good cleaning.  Then I lube and reinstall.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:38:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Used Moly to lube it during the install, and followed the instructions to the letter.  I think I'm going to dismantle it and re-install one more time.  As far as breaking it in, after installation we went to the range and I put 300-400 rounds through it.  I'll update this weekend if I get a chance to reinstall.  Thanks for all the input, it's greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Any luck this time?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#9]
None yet.  I'll come by tomorrow and we'll give it another go.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top