Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:07:13 PM EDT

Hello-

What's the skinny on this thing?  I am using one in a colt lower and it does seem to prevent play between the upper and lower.  No discernable diff in accuracy (not that I expected much).  Does anyone know if eliminating the upper/lower play is important for reducing wear and tear?  Anything bad about using the accuwedge?

TIA,
tank
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Not important.  It's a "feel good" upgrade.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing bad about using it and some play between the upper and lower is normal and won't affect accuracy. Someone here on this board did a controlled test and found no discernable difference in accuracy of a gun with no play and one with lots of play. Some  (like me) would rather have zero play if possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Use play dough, it gives you the same feeling.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
If there is an accuracy issue with a loose fit vs. a tight fit, which I personally think there IS NOT, very few here could shoot well enough to tell the difference with one installed or not.  If you don't like the rattle and want an easy solution, that is the quickest, cleanest and easiest.  If you are worried about paying $5 or more for one, get a dozen from Lippy, for $17 shipped.  I've got a couple dozen from him, myself and install them out of habit, more than anything else.

Inexpensive Accuwedges
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not important.  It's a "feel good" upgrade.

Bingo.

Only babies like rattles.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I used one and ditched when it added no benefit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I only use them in one of my rifles and that is my old Colt.  That thing is looser than a drunk whore...it helps and I like it cause I like my rifles like my women...TIGHT!!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I ditched my accuwedges long ago and started using 10 cent o-rings from Home Depot. The o-ring does the exact same job but doesn't fall out when you open the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
worked for me

got 3 of em from CTD.com for <$10

my ARs are tight as can be; no rattle or play
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top