Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 1:35:41 PM EDT
I am looking to get some frangible ammo in 5.56.. Who has it and at the best prices? What should I expect to pay for it..
Thanks

Oh yeah, Will most ranges allow you to shoot it indoors if they normally only allow pistol caliber? I guess what I am syaing is does it do more damage than a pistol round?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#1]
What is "frangible"!??!

Is this a trap?!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
AMMOMAN.com actually has 5.56 50 grain frangibles.  Or atleast he did like 2 weeks ago.  Check his web site for details on price and availability.  He gave me and my shooting buddy 2 boxes to try em out.  I know that alot of his frangible stock went recently to an undisclosed govt agency for use in parts unknown.  But he did have some.  Hope that helps  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What is "frangible"!??!

Frangible ammo has a projectile made by compressing copper powder & sometimes other metals into the form of a bullet.  This will fragment completely when hitting a hard surface, helping to prevent over penetration through walls etc.  It's also used in some indoor ranges to reduce airborn lead particles.

I've seen it for sale at ammoman, but i've never used it.  

ETA: MrMurphy beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is "frangible"!??!

Frangible ammo has a projectile made by compressing copper powder & sometimes other metals into the form of a bullet.  This will fragment completely when hitting a hard surface, helping to prevent over penetration through walls etc.  It's also used in some indoor ranges to reduce airborn lead particles.

I've seen it for sale at ammoman, but i've never used it.  

ETA: MrMurphy beat me to it.

Sweet, learn something every day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine from AmmoMan too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is "frangible"!??!

Is this a trap?!

Frangible,
adj.

Capable of being broken; breakable. See synonyms at fragile.

Middle English, from Old French, from Medieval Latin frangibilis, from Latin frangere, to break.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top