Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:04:04 PM EDT
I am new to the site and have a question.  I purchased a pre-ban COLT H-Bar during the ban (1998) and later upgraded the upper with a COLT  M4 upper and 4-position stock.   I am afraid that I now have a franken gun.  Can I get an official AR15.com opinion.  I am thinking of purchasing a COLT lower from R-Guns, so the finish will match, and I will then have an excuse to purchase a new upper.  

Enjoy the site !!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh? Let me get this straight. You purchased a complete Colt HBAR and you replaced the upper with another Colt upper and the finish doesn't match? I'm not an expert on Colt ARs but generally the finish should match if everything is made by one company.

Also, don't worry about Frankenguns. The most important thing is that it shoots well for you. If you ever do want to sell it and your buyer is picky about keeping it the same way as it was, just replace all the parts that came with the gun and you'd be all set.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre- ban finish is more gray new M4 upper is black.  I had to use the large hole ot small hole pin.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top