Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2004 10:37:51 PM EDT
they've got a screamin deal on bull 16's that i'd love to take them up on, anyone have experience with either?  wondering how much of a risk i'm taking here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
My DPMS has performed beyond what i had hoped for.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Is Rguns.net the ones to steer clear of?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#3]
i thought i heard something like that but i get zip in a search.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:35:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Roger at RGuns is the best. I just bought a DPMS M4 barrel in 5.56 from him. very nice barrel...
I would use him again....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You just need to be sure that what you order is in stock (they don't have to order in).

In general with any vendor, it's best when ordering a firearm to get the serial number of the unit when you make payment. Tell them up front that a substaution of unit (different serial number) will not be acceptical, and will be grounds for refund (including shipping).  This is not so much in regards to Rguns, but any vendor.  

To give you idea, I have been trying to buy a New Para SX1640S (limited) from a few vendors that say they have it in stock, but when it comes time to give me the serial number, they admit that they have to order in the pistol. DPMS is way better at getting rifles out then Para, but still a ordering delay is still a delay.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Mike Detty of Mad Dawg Global Marketing, Inc. in Arizona would probably be able to beat that deal.  He sells Armalite, Eagle Arms, RRA and DPMS and is at all the gunshows in Tucson and Phoenix I believe.  If you need his contact information email it and I will dig it up for you.  Not sure but I believe he lives in Tucson. I know he had some guns that appear pretty much like the one you mention (not sure if it was M-4) with all evil features starting at $725.00.  If you ask about him in the Arizona Hometown section you will get replies stating he is a good guy to deal with.

Found it:  Mad Dawg Global Marketing, Inc. 11660 E. Placita Del Rincon, Tucson, AZ  85747
              520-749-0078    [email protected]

Though RGuns has a bad rep, the one time I bought a barrel from them I received it timely with no problems, bought off their website.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
CMMG sells complete DPMS rifles and I belive he give us ARFCOMers a discount. Check his prices out too. Get his contact info off his website and give him a call.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Roger at RGuns is the best.

The best what? Asshole in the gun biz?

I would use him again....

Use him for what?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Rguns is absolutely ok to deal with.

Funny how NOBODY I know from IL who has been to their shop has anything bad to say about them other than they can be a little short on the phone.

I live right down the street from them.  If you have any problems with your order, the IL crew will back you up.

Just make sure they have it in stock, and order over the phone if possible.

Rguns is fine to deal with now, and one of the major "problems" people had with their actual service was a bunch of whining bullshit, and the buyer not doing their part.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Funny how NOBODY I know from IL who has been to their shop has anything bad to say about them other than they can be a little short on the phone.

I live right down the street from them.  If you have any problems with your order, the IL crew will back you up.

Rguns is fine to deal with now, and one of the major "problems" people had with their actual service was a bunch of whining bullshit, and the buyer not doing their part.

What does that mean? They didn't bring their own fucking vaseline or knee pads?

caveat emptor   ----   big time
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#11]
specifics,  please.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a DPMS pencil barrel from RGuns.net BEFORE I read the bad press about them. The barrel and other items that I ordered from them were just as described and arrived before some other orders that I placed that week.

I had a good experience with them.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that mean? They didn't bring their own fucking vaseline or knee pads?

caveat emptor   ----   big time

Not quite...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#14]
There's alway's one or two wimpering little baby's that didn't get their order just so...maybe your mom
will listen ? was he all out of AR-15 Jerkoff Juice for ya' ??? too Bad !! act like a man. Faggot !
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There's alway's one or two wimpering little baby's that didn't get their order just so...maybe your mom
will listen ? was he all out of AR-15 Jerkoff Juice for ya' ??? too Bad !! act like a man. Faggot !

If some one has had a problem with a dealer, I want to know about thank you very much.  I will  

decide who is whimpering and who is not.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#16]
The reason RGuns.net has a bad rep around here is exactly what was stated above.

They say they have things in stock.  They take your money.  You wait.

And wait.

And wait some more.

So you call them to get an update, and find out that the "in stock" item you purchased was really "on order" not "in stock"

resume waiting.

sometime in the future, your stuff arrives

Everything I heard was that you get exactly what you ordered, except it might take a couple MONTHS to get it.  This waiting and the less-than-truthful attitude about what is in stock to begin with is why people are pissed.  Obviously this doesn't really apply to the people who live right down the road from r-guns and can just pick something up off the shelf.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a DSA SA-58 from them a while ago. The deal went as planned. No surprises, just $$$ for them and a sweet FAL for me. That's my only experience.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I have ordred from them 3 times.  All three times the order was shipped the same day and I recieved it a couple of days later.  Like the others said just be sure it is in stock.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Roger? That you? I see mommie let you out of the closet to play again.
Wassa matter, need a date for Homecoming?

Just one more FIB cocksucker who needs his cunt kicked into his throat.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The reason RGuns.net has a bad rep around here is exactly what was stated above.

True in some cases.
In mine they misrepresented what they sold me,
sent some of the wrong parts on top of it,
refused to take merchandise back,
forced me to go thru my CC Co,
then wanted stuff back,
then refused to take it,
and threatened to sue me,
sent threatening letters to my wife,
disseminated my personal info on the internet,
threatened to sue me some more,
had his attorney threaten to sue me.

Fuck him. And the horse that rode in on him.
That's pretty close to what my attorney told me to tell him also.

For all of you who got what you ordered and got it expeditiously, my congratulations. In my case it has become personal. That was his call.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True in some cases.
then wanted stuff back,
then refused to take it,

For all of you who got what you ordered and got it expeditiously, my congratulations. In my case it has become personal. That was his call.

That the way it works,  if I order from these guy's and something happens I will not bitch.    I have

been warned.   I guess some of you members have never been burned on th internet yet.  Thanks for the info drjarhead.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True in some cases.
then wanted stuff back,
then refused to take it,

Its to bad that some people get screwed so badly and others have fantastic service.Would you think bad langauage and an  arrogant attitude have any thing to do with  covering up mistakes that originally caused the problem to begin with.
Personally have had know problem with there service as long as I specifically asked about stock and delivery time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That the way it works,  if I order from these guy's and something happens I will not bitch.    I have

been warned.   I guess some of you members have never been burned on th internet yet.  Thanks for the info drjarhead.

I agree, that's the way it works. You are entirely welcome
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I am having problems with a company called ASPI tactical.  I even called ahead to see if they had  

what  I wanted in stock before I ordered and the asshat lied to me and said they did.  So know my

order has not been shiped yet because they are backordered. He said my ordered items are setting

on the dock and he hasen't recived them yet I will let everybody know what happens.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#25]
yipe.  guess i'll stick with rbprecision and RRA.  thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

True in some cases.
then wanted stuff back,
then refused to take it,

Fair enough....I did not remember that episode....everything I remembered about them was what I'd posted, and it was all just problems with stuff not being in stock.  If he's screwed over others in other ways, I retract the word "exactly" from my statement
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:00:46 AM EDT
[#27]
There is a GOOD Rguns out there...........

What is their website url?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:14:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
There is a GOOD Rguns out there...........

What is their website url?

I think it is in Texas.  I think they also cahanged their bane because of all the confusion.

Richardson's Gun Shop
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
yipe.  guess i'll stick with rbprecision and RRA.  thanks for the feedback.

Call Mike Detty with the information I posted and you can get a gun from him: Rock River Arms, DPMS, Armalite, or Eagle Arms and you will get it from someone who won't screw you, stands behind the product, and is in Arizona.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top