Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 10:34:17 PM EDT
Ok another stupid noob question for the experts.

What are the laws and regs that apply to short barrel rifles.  I know they are allowed but under what class of weapon and such. Do you need a class 3 for this type of rifle or is it a totally different reg just for SBR. The reason I am asking is I have seen a few short barrel carbine (8-13" barrel) type's that I might be interested in but I need to know the law surrounding them. Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool thanks. That's twice now you have posted immediately to my questions and been a great help. You must live here on the board or be an auto reply mechanism.  hanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cool thanks. That's twice now you have posted immediately to my questions and been a great help. You must live here on the board or be an auto reply mechanism.  

Thanks for the help again

I live here. I sleep and post, and not much else.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
All the info for SBR's is in the M16 - Full Auto area of the AR-15 forum.  It may not be the first place many think to look for info on SBR's, but they are, in fact, lumped into the same group of NFA restricted items such as machine guns and suppressors (silencers).  (No offense to Lumpy )

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top