Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:15:10 PM EDT
I was cleaning the Bushy after a workout at the range today. I pulled the handguards off to clean under them. I NEVER Clean under them ...EVER....

Found that the upper heat shield had a small amount of soot or carbon on it right up against the Front sight base, where the gas tube connects. Is this normal to have a small amount of "Blow By" in this area?

I have thousands of rounds through this weapon without any malfunctions, barring the Wolf Incident. This is the First time I have looked under the handguards since initial cleaning of the weapon when it was new...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen this before. I don't even bother to clean it off.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Carbon fouling escapes from the gas block / barrel interface and the gas block / gas tube interface.  It's fine as long as your gun runs.  

-z
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal fellas. IT SKEERED ME!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top