Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 3:42:02 PM EDT
The LMT stuff has caught my eye as of late.  I am seriously considering a full LMT M4 for a "shooter."  Was wondering if anyone out there knows if an LMT stamped lower is available without the "Defender 2000" title.  Kinda sounds a little cheesy to me...like an 80s video game or something.

I am not putting down LMT AT ALL.  Otherwise, I would not be considering a purchase.  I just would prefer a no-nonsense, simple LMT lower.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Denny @ Dennys Guns.  He is a member here, and has a forum in the Industry Section.  LMT made lowers for DSA and Lauer Custom Weaponry.  You could get one of those from him.  Otherwise you are SOL.

IO1

EDITED FOR SPELLING
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks IO1.  I'll give him a call.  I want a clean LMT lower.  Since he may have the inside scoop on LMT, he might know whether or not one is (or ever will be) available.  I'm thinking like you...I may be SOL.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:32:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Because the model designation, if one exists, is one the things required to be marked on the firearm [see 27 CFR 478.92(a)(ii)], it is unlikely that you will find a AR lower without such markings present. Never hurts to ask, though.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top