Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 9:53:01 PM EDT
I may build an ar15 to use for varmit hunting and I was wondering where I can get a good upper for around 400 dollars? I know FAC used to have DMPS 16'' uppers for 350$ but I don't see them anymore. I plan on getting the upper for xmas and then buying a lower from a local ffl guy I am friends with. Anyways anyone know where to find a decent one?

Also should I get a flattop? I will be mounting a decent scope on this so I figure a flattop may be better?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Get on the Rock River Arms website and I think they have a 16" special going right now.  I have two RRA's, (uppers and lowers) and I feel by far they are the best bang (pardon the pun) going right now.

My first one was a 20" A4, Free Float with a NM lower, Nikon Scope and Harris Bi-Pod

My second one is a 16" A4 Free Float, Standard lower with a 6 position Tactical stock, I am waiting on my EOTech 512 to arrive next week.

They build a fine rifle.

77Bronc
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk to these people. Robert and Krista are good people and very customer oriented.
www.rbprecision.com/
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Rock arms doesn't have any completely assembled uppers.

If I get a complete upper with charging handle and bolt and a complete lower what will it take to connect the two together? Isn't it held together with just a few pins?

Nevermind I found the complete uppers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]
DMPS I would not buy from a no name co I never herd of.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I am looking at getting A2 16'' upper from rock river arms maybe. It is a no-bad and is 425$. Either that or I may get an A4....maybe even a 20'' I don't know. This will be my xmas present from the folks. Soon as I get some cash I am going to order an A2 lower assembly. I have a 4 position CAR stock I may put on it if I do not like the A2 buttstock.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top