Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 6:28:49 PM EDT
Went to the big Tulsa gun show today and maybe I missed something, but I thought the "Ban"
was over, fini, caput, no more.  What is with the dealers still selling AR's at an outrageous
price and saying "the're Preban, it's a Preban.  Are they tryin to  recoup the high price they paid
or just think everyone buying an AR isa moron??  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
New York and some other unfortunate bastards(states) still live in a state where the AWB will never end.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the gun show in Eugene Oregon today, and I noticed all the old tags that read "pre ban" but most of them had the price crossed off and marked down $100-$200. Most of them where still around $900-$1100, still more than I have ever payed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I try to stay away from "Pre-ban" AR-15's at my local shows. Half of the time it looks like some monkey took all of the original parts off, slapped on a bunch of used and abused parts and reduced the price to a "very reasonable" $799 out the door
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
New York and some other unfortunate bastards(states) still live in a state where the AWB will never end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to bring any "pre ban" weapon or mag into most of those states? I used to live in CA and that was the way it was, you could keep what you had and register it, but that was it. I see all these guys saying they will sell thier "pre ban" this or that to some one in one of these states, is that legal?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
These guys know better than to do illegal stuff on this website. If it was illegal that post would be locked by the staff here.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top