Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 5:30:08 PM EDT
I just recently bought a new Bushmaster XM15-E2S, It has all of the "evil" features on it save for a bayonet lug. It has an HBAR barrel with a birdcage flash supressor. I think that this rifle was a post ban immediately turned into pre ban with the AWB clock expired, due to the fact that it has no bayonet lug, but a birdcage flash supressor, and it came with a Rock River Arms 6 position tele stock. So I just was curious to know if Bushmaster made their own tele stocks or used RRA and did they produce any uppers that had the flash supressor but not the bayonet lug after the AWB.

Thanks, and happy to be part of the forum looks great guys!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to ARFCOM n00b!

It came with an RRA stock??

I ordered a 6-posi from bushmastor the other day and it's got the snake.  did you order directly from bushmaster?

ETA: All new evil bushy's should have the bayo lugs and (i assume) snake logo stocks.  that sounds awfully fishy to me.

ETAA: What part of FL are you from?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the boards!

Did you buy this rifle new in box or did you buy it from some one privately?  What is the length of the barrel?  It doesn't sound like it's an OEM Bushmaster to me for a number of reasons:

1) Bushmaster wouldn't pull a "Colt" and send out non-ban rifles without a bayo lug.
2) Even though RRA & Bushmaster  buy their stocks from the same source Bushmaster would never put a RRA stamped stock on one of their rifles and vice-versa.  

It shoulds like someone changed out the flash hider and stock on their own.  Can you give us some more detail on the rifle and the purchase?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Welcome to ARFCOM n00b!

He just said he thinks it was a ban rifle which was converted (probably by the dealer).  The dealer probably just took the Bushy fixed stock off and put that stock on.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to ARFCOM n00b!

He just said he thinks it was a ban rifle which was converted (probably by the dealer).  The dealer probably just took the Bushy fixed stock off and put that stock on.

Probably had the muzzle threaded also for the flash hider.

Is it a 16 inch barrel or 14.5?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
True

Could be.  It sounds a lot like my bushmaster, which I took the ycomp off of and stuck a phantom in its place, then replaced the stock with a 6-position.  BTW, is there any difference between RRA and Bushy 6-position stocks other than the logos?

If it's a 14.5" barrel, the birdcage doesn't extend it out to 16" and is therefore illegal.  If you purchased it privately, be sure to verify that everything is compliant with the law.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
It's actually I think about another .5 to 1 inch longer than the standard 16 inch barrel with the birdacage on. So that also leads me to believe that is was a post ban turned after the death of the AWB. The RRA is awesome I have no complaints what so ever, I was thinkin that he took off all of his Bushy Tele stocks because he had another Bushmaster with an RRA stock, but this one had the light barrel with the phantom or izzy brake on it as well as the bayonet lug, reguardless he gave me a good price on it and threw in a few extras because I do alot of buisness with him. Just wanted  your guys input. It was NOT a NIB rifle just for the record. But is was not used either the dealer I just changed out the stocks I suppose. The rifle it self is emmaculate, it is obviously brand new. I was just curious about the RRA stock myself because when I got the Bushmaster "new rifle packet" you know with the sling, 10 rd clip, instruction manual, and small catalogue book they were selling stuff for which they didn't even make the rifles for like Mini 14 mags and what not. So I thought maybe they sell RRA stuff. I thought it was slim to none anyway but thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:29:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Think you got screwed dude...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:08:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1

unless you paid about $499.95 or less.........
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

unless you paid about $499.95 or less.........

Why?  Because it doesn't have a bayo lug???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:32:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Tele stock sounds like the dealer did, in fact,do the conversions. Why use the RR jobs?  Because they're exactly the same piece as the Bushie----and $25-$30 cheaper
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:30:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I always wondered about the stock also.  I subscribe to "Weapons for Law Enforcement " magazine.  I found two BM ads, both from around 2002/03 and the picture clearly shows a RRA telestock with emblem on the M4 type rifle?

Maybe a question for Jarrod?

Steve
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top