Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 3:16:12 PM EDT
looking to build a dissipator, what are the main manufacturers for the upper ? : Bushmaster has one, DPMS ?.looking for one with a flash hidder. I didn't see one on the Bushmaster though..
any advices ?
Thanks

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an upper consisting of a Bushmaster Dissy barrel in the M4 configuration on a Rock River upper. No pics due to some other work being done but she is sweet. She's pretty straight forward, not fancy (yet). It's mated to a Lauer lower, Ace SOCOM stock, a RR 2 stage trigger, Phantom FS, and YHM BUIS.  Optics not selected yet. I'm a happy camper.
Good luck with your project.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a Bushy with YHM hand guard, and a Phantom.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks BT. I think you just cost me some bucks. I have been seriously thinking of adding those handguards. I assume you had no problem with the gas block under the YMH guards.
Nice PIC.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks BT. I think you just cost me some bucks. I have been seriously thinking of adding those handguards. I assume you had no problem with the gas block under the YMH guards.
Nice PIC.

No problem with gas block they fit fine, will post some better pics.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
so I can fit a flash hidder on the bushy upper ? was checking their website and the picture doesn't show any...or maybe is that only the threading ?

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
so I can fit a flash hidder on the bushy upper ? was checking their website and the picture doesn't show any...or maybe is that only the threading ?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/Images/pura2b16d.jpg

They should have a pre ban, my barrel was a post ban that was threaded for hider.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
You can order a Dissy upper in a preban set up, you can also get it fluted. I ordered my M4 profile Dissy upper today--2-3 months wait. That's ok though it will be worth it.
I currently have a heavy Dissy (preban) with a rifle length SIR. I'm think of selling it

Mark
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Mark, that wait sucks.  Is that for a full upper?  I ordered just the M4 Dissy barrel assemby (threaded of course) on 10/9.  I got order and shipping confirmation on 10/19.  I had to call Bushmaster because they got my billing info wrong.  I was suprised that my order was filled so quickly.  The guy I spoke with said my order was delayed over the small parts I also ordered and not the barrel.  BTW, this barrel will be replacing my Heavy Post ban Bushy Dissy barrel.  I have a soft spot for dissies.  I'll send my heavy Dissy barrel into ADCO later on for a little lightening, and some other fun stuff next year when things slow down, and I have more money.  BallisticTip's YHM setup looked sweet!

220ST
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top