Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 11:18:26 AM EDT
I just purchased a Bushmaster XM15, my first AR. I broke it down and gave it a good cleaning prior to firing it the first time which I hope to do next weekend.

After I put it all back together I did a function check and the last check where I hold the trigger back and pull charging handle to the rear and release the pressure on the trigger does not produce the "audible click" says I should be able to hear. Does this click occur during the movement of the trigger foreward or does it occur when the trigger reaches the end of its movement?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The "audible click" occurs when the hammer is released from the disconnector (the component which catches the hammer as the bolt carrier pushes it back during case ejection) to catch on the primary sear on the trigger.  You might not be hearing the "audible click" because your fire control parts are a tight fight and the hammer doesn't have a long way to fall from the disconnector to the trigger sear.  

Just be sure that if you pull the charging handle back with the trigger held down, that you have to release and pull the trigger again before the hammer strikes the firing pin.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be sure that if you pull the charging handle back with the trigger held down, that you have to release and pull the trigger again before the hammer strikes the firing pin.

I do have to release it and pull it again which must mean it's on the up and up.

It's a brand new weapon so perhaps that accounts for the tight fit.

Thanks for the response.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just purchased a Bushmaster XM15, my first AR. I broke it down and gave it a good cleaning prior to firing it the first time which I hope to do next weekend.

After I put it all back together I did a function check and the last check where I hold the trigger back and pull charging handle to the rear and release the pressure on the trigger does not produce the "audible click" says I should be able to hear. Does this click occur during the movement of the trigger foreward or does it occur when the trigger reaches the end of its movement?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to ARFCOM lobowalk
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd call it good.

Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
welcome lobowalk.  execelent choice for a first ar, what model (carbine, a2,...) did you get?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the welcomes.

I picked up an XM15 E2S A3 target. I can hardly wait to put a few rounds through it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
"Audible click" would be more aptly described as a "clunk"
A "Click" when you squeeze the trigger and the hammer falls then while still holding the trigger to the rear recycle the bolt, then when you release the trigger slowly you will not only hear but you will feel the "Clunk"
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't hear or feel anything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Okay, I told you it was a stupid newbie thing. I'm thinking that the problem was that I was riding the charging handle back instead of letting it slam home. When I let it slam home I get the "clunk" and the "clink" when letting the trigger slide back.

Regards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top