Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/23/2004 9:37:04 AM EDT
Hi, I bought a 18" RRA Varminter from ADCO last year. I'm wanting to get a phantom flash hider for night vision use. Is there a press or slip on hider for this barrel? Or do I need to have it turned down and threaded?  Thanks for any ideas! - J
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi, I bought a 18" RRA Varminter from ADCO last year. I'm wanting to get a phantom flash hider for night vision use. Is there a press or slip on hider for this barrel? Or do I need to have it turned down and threaded?  Thanks for any ideas! - J

Nothing fits those damn barrels.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap, the gunsmiths in the area are gun shy about threading the barrel even after the ban sunset.  They all think I'm ATF calling or something.  Guess I'll have to send it off.  THanks, J
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#3]
It is truly amazing how many ignorant FFL's and gunsmiths that are around.  Mail it to ADCO, they will be happy to take your money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Needs to be turned down and re threaded. Even pressed on one's need an area machined so they can create an Interferance Fit. I second the Mail it to Adco idea.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
We'd be happy to help you out, you should know that! Drop us a line.

Damian
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a great looking rifle guy!  What make is that barrel you've got on there?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top