Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2004 5:34:59 PM EDT
I have a bushmaster ar15, and was wondering:

Does it matter what company makes the  stock you intend to use?  Like will a colt, or rra stock fit my bushmaster.

Also are any special tools needed to do the job?

Off topic from the rest but is it really necessary to clean the gas tube?  I thought i remember reading her that its not necessary, but the bushmaster manual says it is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are talking about swapping an A2 for a collapsible, any stock will fit, the threads are the same.

TO clean your gas tube, pull the trigger on some XM193 .
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The stocks are interchangeable but the buffer spring is not.  Make sure you use the proper length spring with a new stock.  I wipe down my buffer spring once every month or so with a rag with some rem oil on it.  Don't goup up the spring with a bunch of oil or grease it will collect dirt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you tell what length buffer spring you need?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There are three sizes; pistol; C.A.R.; rifle. Get a matching reciever extention (buffer tube) buffer, and spring at the same time, my C.A.R. stock came with two springs and a buffer. Go to Model1sales.com and see every thing you need listed right there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a bushmaster ar15, and was wondering:

Does it matter what company makes the  stock you intend to use?  Like will a colt, or rra stock fit my bushmaster.

Also are any special tools needed to do the job?

If you haven't already ordered one get one on the EE from ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=213776.  Good price and great people .  They also include the "special" tool. Also will need a big screwdriver and some loctite.  They have a good set of instructions on their web site www.rbprecision.com/rb_precision_ar15_performance_tips_.htm. Just remember to watch out for flying springs .  IF I remember correctly, the same company makes the RRA & Bushy stocks.

FB
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top