Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:33:36 PM EDT
I've read several posts regarding the legality and/or illegality of running a Full Auto Carrier in an AR15 and I will leave that issue alone.  I would like to know what benefit, if any, a LMT full auto carrier would have over a LMT Semi Carrier or a completely neutered Colt carrier?

I know they weigh more and in effect slow down the action, but is that truely benifical?  I just don't hear much about carrier malfuctions (excluding recent LMT enhanced carriers) regardless of full auto or semi auto configurations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:38:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Theoretically it will run better, cause everything was designed to work with that weight. Don't worry, it's legal.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Slowing things down with a full auto carrier and a heavy buffer can greatly aid reliability in M4 (14.5") uppers and SBR.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a LMT full auto carrier and H buffer in my M4 and it has been 100% reliable so far.

Is that why? I dunno, but its better than AR's I've owned with semi carriers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep I use the F/A carrier. Much better carrier than the S/A P.O.S.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:33:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I was cleaning my Colt 6920 last night and realized the carrier is a FA carrier.  Does anyone know this?  or am I just catching up to last week?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was cleaning my Colt 6920 last night and realized the carrier is a FA carrier.  Does anyone know this?  or am I just catching up to last week?

HUUMMMM My 6920 came with a S/A carrier?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HUUMMMM My 6920 came with a S/A carrier?

I can be wrong, but the difference is that the FA carrier has a open end, where as the SA has a closed end right?  It's the only diff I can find between my BM carrier and Colt Carrier.

The colt carrier has a open end.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a lightweight midlength 16" upper with an M16 carrier, Wolff extractor spring and H-buffer. Very nice and smooth. Lays the brass in a nice pile three feet away and just forward. Brass rarely marks the deflector.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I can be wrong, but the difference is that the FA carrier has a open end, where as the SA has a closed end right?  It's the only diff I can find between my BM carrier and Colt Carrier.

Yes Colt's have an open end to absolutely prevent you from firing Full Auto (no LL, no DIAS, and no sear).

Bushmaster, RRA, OLY, DPMS, and the rest use a carrier that is closed at the bottom but the bottom part of the ring is thin compared to the top part.

An M16 carrier's lower ring is the same length as the upper one.

From the excellent article on the M16 vs AR15 parts in the Legal section of this site:
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes Colt's have an open end to absolutely prevent you from firing Full Auto (no LL, no DIAS, and no sear).

Bushmaster, RRA, OLY, DPMS, and the rest use a carrier that is closed at the bottom but the bottom part of the ring is thin compared to the top part.

An M16 carrier's lower ring is the same length as the upper one.

From the excellent article on the M16 vs AR15 parts in the Legal section of this site:
www.ar15.com/content/legal/ar15-m16parts/boltCarrier.gif

Ahhh ..... my fault, ok my LE6920 has a SA carrier.    Sorry!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep thats how I find out all I know. I make a off the wall post and wala. The ar15 dogs chew my ass strait.  salute
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Yep thats how I find out all I know. I make a off the wall post and wala. The ar15 dogs chew my ass strait.  salute

No pain, no gain.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top