Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:37:20 AM EDT
I know this question has probably been asked a couple thousand times now, but how about one more?

Armalite M15A4(T)

The pin walked its self out at my last trip to the range.  So that is taken care of.  But before I take a wrench to it to take the break off, I want to make sure that this is indeed threaded and not put on another way.

If you need a photo from a different angle just let me know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually a better picture of the base of the muzzle break would be good.  Those almost look like grooves running lenghtwise with the barrel at the base of the break.  If that is the case it could be pressed on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Actually a better picture of the base of the muzzle break would be good.  Those almost look like grooves running lenghtwise with the barrel at the base of the break.  If that is the case it could be pressed on.

That is actually just fouling.  But the fouling is showing a patern of vertical grooves like you are discribing.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is fowling between the back of the MB and the barrel then I would almost definately have to say that it is pressed on.  If it were threaded then the fowling couldn't reach the back of the MB like that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top