Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 3:50:05 AM EDT
I am being drug there this weekend kicking and screaming by my wife so I was wanting to know (PRAYING) there was somewhere either around that area or Knoxville that would make her regret making me go to see the leaves color change.
HELP ME PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea, know the feeling. If there is one around you can bet I will find it. ( GOTTA HAVE SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a timeshare there, but know of no gun shops around. You could always got to Yahoo.com, Get Local, type in the city and zip and go from there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to Gatilingburg, be sure to vist Cades Cove.  Pretty large national (I believe) park now.  Lots of deer, bears, etc. you might see.  Also some interesting old churches and cabins and such.  My family used to own that area until the Gov't took it for TVA.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:19:26 AM EDT
[#6]
After you get off I40 (I think it is exit 407) there is a sporting goods store on the left side approx 10-15 minutes. I can't think of the name of it but it looks like a fairly new building and I think it has a red roof. The storefront advertises firearms. Hope that helps.

Dan
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]
hail.gif Thanks to all. Its gonna be a long 4 days!
SM KNIFE WORKS is awesome. They always get some of my money when were around that area.

PBIR, I think I remember where you are talking about. Hope the doors are still open there. Not much use for gun dealers in this area is what I get told year after year.
Dont get that!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Wynn's Sporting Goods is next to the Hampton Inn in Sevierville maybe a mile or two past Smoky Mtn Knife Works on the left.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I got married in Gatlinburg 4-5 years ago and looked for a local shop just to kill some time. I'll be damned if I could find one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#10]
But hey!  There's plenty of T-shirt shops to browse!

Persoanlly, I'd just park myself at the Smokey Mountain Brewery and watch whatever game was on.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
But hey!  There's plenty of T-shirt shops to browse!

and "Hillbilly miniature golf!"

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#13]
There is a sporting goods store there with guns as has been previously posted. And there used to be a S&W store in one of the strip malls, but I haven't been there in a year or two. Lots of S&W logo'ed stuff and new S&W guns, but if you are from out of state (TN) you can't buy a gun. So it's like being on a diet and at a smorgasbord.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Just to let all know, I spent the last four day looking in Gatlinburg for a half decent gun shop. The one is on the left as you enter Sevierville. It is called HAMMERS. Not too bad. A little more "SPORTING RIFLES" than I expected them to have. Not too bad. Pretty large amount of hand guns to select from. (I counted 56 to be exact). So if you go check them out. There is also a full range between Gatlinburg ans Pigeon forge that the owner of Hammers said is really nice. Didnt have anything outside of my carry gun so I didnt go. He said you can shoot all except auto.
I now know for next time!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#15]
On past Smoky Mountain Knifeworks before you get to sevierville across from Lowe's is a gun store, it's part of Floyd's golf, they have have handguns and rifles, not too bad. It will be on the left side, just look for Floyd's golf.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#16]
That be the one. Its called HAMMERS. Not too bad.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I grew up in Tennessee and I am embarassed!Volunteer state,my ass.Al Gore might be able to help you out,NOT!LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a S&W store in Pigeon Forge, in the mall across from the red roof shopping centers, but it has closed.  I asked a few people who were working in other stores, where it moved to, but nobody knew.                                                                                                                  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I grew up in Tennessee and I am embarassed!Volunteer state,my ass.Al Gore might be able to help you out,NOT!LOL

If you are embarassed to be from TN, we would prefer you didn't claim it.  In the last election, Al Gore was from TN and we didn't vote for him.  It wasn't even close.  On the other hand George Bush's brother was governor of your current state and it was so close there that we will never quit hearing about it.  Why would you badmouth your home state like that?...Bad childhood memories or something?  I for one am proud to be from TN.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are embarassed to be from TN, we would prefer you didn't claim it.  In the last election, Al Gore was from TN and we didn't vote for him.  It wasn't even close.  On the other hand George Bush's brother was governor of your current state and it was so close there that we will never quit hearing about it.  Why would you badmouth your home state like that?...Bad childhood memories or something?  I for one am proud to be from TN.

+1
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Having lived in TN myself, I'm guessing NIGHTSTALKER_O6 is attempting to comment on the local perceptions of firearms.  Most folks from that area are 100% behind the right to keep and bear arms, as long as it's a bolt action rifle used to gun down furry critters.  

Hell, boy!  Whatcha' need need one of dem AR whatchoosits fer!  Dey's eeeeelegal, doncha know!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Having lived in TN myself, I'm guessing NIGHTSTALKER_O6 is attempting to comment on the local perceptions of firearms.  Most folks from that area are 100% behind the right to keep and bear arms, as long as it's a bolt action rifle used to gun down furry critters.  

Hell, boy!  Whatcha' need need one of dem AR whatchoosits fer!  Dey's eeeeelegal, doncha know!

I have no idea what you mean by the above.  All of the conservatives and even most of the liberals around here are pro gun.  And they really aren't specific about what gun it is.  Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Bolt, Pump, Semi, Lever...they are all accepted here.  And we do also speak more or less proper English...contrary to the idiotic stereotypical crap typed above.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#23]
In the Knoxville area (I think it's just off Lovell Rd. or something like that) there is a gunshop/indoor shooting range named "guncraft sports".  They don't have nearly as many guns as Wynn's Sporting goods, but they have a great selection of gun books.  The books are in a small room outside the main area.  They also rent NFA registered machineguns for use on their range (unless they stopped since I last visited).  You'll usually see a few AR15s there too.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#24]

I have no idea what you mean by the above.

Then you aren't from rural Roane County...

All of the conservatives and even most of the liberals around here are pro gun.  And they really aren't specific about what gun it is.  Handgun, Rifle, Shotgun, Bolt, Pump, Semi, Lever...they are all accepted here.

Then where you live is probably a good deal better than where I was.  The Knoxville liberals thought nobody should own guns, and many of the gun owners in the surrounding rural areas were the classic "hunter gun owners" who are also our enemy.

And we do also speak more or less proper English...contrary to the idiotic stereotypical crap typed above.

Then you aren't from rural Roane County...and can probably spell "UT" without the assistance of a dictionary.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I am being drug there this weekend kicking and screaming by my wife so I was wanting to know (PRAYING) there was somewhere either around that area or Knoxville that would make her regret making me go to see the leaves color change.
HELP ME PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!

I agree that place (SMKW) is a neat place to go if just to see the selection but their prices blow big time and many of the staff don't know squat about knives. Still neat to look around and handle some knives you may have been considering.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry to burst you bubble guys but Wynn's went out of business. I bought my first AR there too.Anyway, my suggestion is to hike Mt. LeConte and forget about guns this weekend. The leaves will be in full peak, don't miss it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top