Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 6:44:36 PM EDT
I 've seen a number of folks on here talk about taking a tactical carbine course, or tactical XZY course.  I've never done this, but it intrigues me.

I've been a High Power shooter for awhile, but never taken out the ole' M4 for anything other than plinking.

Do you guys recommend anyone in AZ?  Besides Gunsite, as they want a WEEK of your time and too much dough for my first foray.   I  need to work, and a week off for shooting is a bit tough.

Anyone been to, or have any info about these guys:

http://tactrain.net

?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A bunch of us are taking a class at Ben Avery this weekend. Check the thread in the Arizona Hometown forum.

There is another advanced class that I am sponsoring in February with Bill jeans but it requires prior training.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I would highly recommend TacTrain courses.  I have taken many pistol, carbine and bolt gun TacTrain courses over the last four years or so.  George is a gifted teacher and a good guy.  If you have questions send him an email.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for TacTrain.  The chief instructor George Dean has a tremendous amount of experience and his courses are safe, reasonable priced and you can repeat (take the same course again) his courses for a nominal fee, around $20.  There is a level 1 carbine course on 10/30, you might be able to get in to that one  (not sure if it's full yet).  Email him and he will get back to promptly.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top