Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 2:38:47 PM EDT
i want to get a few complete bolts (not with carrier). i have only seen them for $45. any place to get them cheaper? i am looking for colt, bushmaster, rock river arms, or dpms. thanks
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds about right....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
$45-$50 is about right.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You DO NOT want a DPMS bolt.  Instructors at Gunsite report they have a high failure rate.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You DO NOT want a DPMS bolt.  Instructors at Gunsite report they have a high failure rate.

I'll go one step further. You don't want anything but Colt.  While it is true that the great bulk of Bushie and Rock River bolts are perfectly safe, niether outfit, does as good a job taking off the microscopic sharp edges that will tend to shave brass off the back of the case,  and leave you w/little pieces of brass chips that can work their way into the extractor cutout, and/or the ejector hole.

Let me repeat, NOBODY builds bolts and carriers as good as Colt. I've got ARs built on Bushie, Rock River, DPMS and "no name" uppers and lowers, and a factory Colt.  They ALL have Colt bolts and carriers.  Bought a Rock River bolt once. Sold it, at a loss, without ever firing a shot out of it, because when I ran my finger around the front edge, I cut myself on the raggedy edge around the extractor cutout.

Find a used one if money is an issue. A used Colt bolt is better than anyone elses new one

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll go one step further. You don't want anything but Colt.  While it is true that the great bulk of Bushie and Rock River bolts are perfectly safe, niether outfit, does as good a job taking off the microscopic sharp edges that will tend to shave brass off the back of the case,  and leave you w/little pieces of brass chips that can work their way into the extractor cutout, and/or the ejector hole.

Let me repeat, NOBODY builds bolts and carriers as good as Colt. I've got ARs built on Bushie, Rock River, DPMS and "no name" uppers and lowers, and a factory Colt.  They ALL have Colt bolts and carriers.  Bought a Rock River bolt once. Sold it, at a loss, without ever firing a shot out of it, because when I ran my finger around the front edge, I cut myself on the raggedy edge around the extractor cutout.

Find a used one if money is an issue. A used Colt bolt is better than anyone elses new one

It should also be noted that every single Colt bolt is magnaflux particle tested and proof load fired during assembly.

Are there any other manufacturers who can make that claim?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Any one can tell you how much I hate colt...but I use their bolts when I can find them in the $50 range.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Where would one go about finding a Colt bolt?  Any board vendors carry them?  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Try www.autoweapons.com they also sell colt used and new uppers.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top