Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:45:30 AM EDT
Hi just got a new after ban bushmaster m4 a3 16 inch carbine it came with 30rd clip ,bannet lug .izzy screw on suppressor and collapsing stock.
Have 1 question when you load it do you have to hit foward assist  every cllip
http://www.clanfru.com/Uploader/files/000_0397.jpg
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hi just got a new after ban m4 a3 16 inch carbine it came with 30rd clip ,bannet lug .izzy screw on suppressor and collapsing stock.
Have 1 question when you load it do you have to hit foward assist  every magazine
www.clanfru.com/Uploader/files/000_0397.jpg

Fixed your post for ya and no you dont have to.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hi just got a new after ban m4 a3 16 inch carbine it came with 30rd clipMagazine ,bannet lug .izzy screw on suppressor and collapsing stock.
Have 1 question when you load it do you have to hit foward assist  every clip.

Do you have to?  No.

Should you hit the forward assist after every loading (where you either hit the bolt release or pull back on the charging handle).  Yes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Nomenclature son, nomenclature!

ETA:  Oh, and welcome.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank for post fixing I will get better at picks when i got it  yesterday they showed me ho to break it down could it have been put back wrong i have manual .
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you experiencing a particular problem?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Have 1 question when you load it do you have to hit foward assist every cllip

Not really.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
same nazis who bust you for using the term clip will turn around and call their rifle a "gun"

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes when i put mag in and load it if i try to cycle rounds through it by pulling charging handle it wont eject first round so when i loaded first round and hit foward assist it will cycle fine untill it lock bolt then you need to hit assit on new round
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Yes when i put mag in and load it if i try to cycle rounds through it by pulling charging handle it wont eject first round so when i loaded first round and hit foward assist it will cycle fine untill it lock bolt then you need to hit assit on new round

I sure hope you're hand cycling those rounds at a range with the muzzle pointed toward the berm.

It's an accident waiting to happen if you do it at home.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I live in wooded area with nothing behind house for a while  problem was that i was cycling it very easy but when i just pulled charging handle and let it close fast it has no problem
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I live in wooded area with nothing behind house for a while  problem was that i was cycling it very easy but when i just pulled charging handle and let it close fast it has no problem

Don't be afraid to drop the bolt as fast as you can with the charging handle.  You will not exceed the pressure that it takes when it is fired.

How does the rifle cycle when fired?

Oh yeah, Thank God you did not just say Hi for your first post.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#12]
It is very nice and smoth  i have no problems except i was just a little easy on bolt. Next i will sight it in but it seems very close from the few rounds i have used. Now to begin saving for all the extras next will be a dot site the one i looked at is almost is as much as the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Pussying the charge handle on a lot of guns will cause this problem. I've had to tell a few people that have shot my AK's to "pull the bolt back and let that bitch slam home on it's own". Some people think guns are fragile.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#14]
As stated, don't "ride" the bolt home.  Pull fully to the rear, and let it go.  It is designed for that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
As stated, don't "ride" the bolt home.  Pull fully to the rear, and let it go.  It is designed for that.

And sooooo much more.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And sooooo much more.

You are correct, sir.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey when they say a LE mark where is that at
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And sooooo much more.

You are correct, sir.

In this guys defense though... Being careful with your rifle and wanting to be gentle with it is a good thing I think.

It is nice to see a rifle find a good home.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

On the lower receiver around where the serial number is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And sooooo much more.

You are correct, sir.

In this guys defense though... Being careful with your rifle and wanting to be gentle with it is a good thing I think.

It is nice to see a rifle find a good home.

Absolutely.  I could be wrong but sounds like he's relatively young and may be his first rifle (of this type, anyhow).  Not wanting to break anything.  He'll learn, though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Port side, mag well.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top