Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 9:32:41 PM EDT
Did anyone notice the recent increase in 6920 shipments, check the other gunboards, gunsamereica.com, gunbroker.com or aurctionarms.com     These guns have started to flow, I'm expecting the prices to drop in the future as additional guns hit the market.  I may know of a NIB COLT LE6920 for sale in the NE Pa area in the price range of $900.00 plus tax, email me foir details.   Dealer would prefer a walk-in client.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Every price that I have seen has been way to high.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont think it's looking good out there......this is directly from a Large volume dealer on EE....

However, got some bad news for those who got in late. Colt has instituted a new policy where they are once again requiring letterheads for purchase. I'm not sure which orders got in under the wire and which ones did not.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:17:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dont think it's looking good out there......this is directly from a Large volume dealer on EE....

However, got some bad news for those who got in late. Colt has instituted a new policy where they are once again requiring letterheads for purchase. I'm not sure which orders got in under the wire and which ones did not.

Yeah, that really sucks.  I hope I got in under the wire.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen not to sink anyones hopes at getting the rifle that they want, but Colt instituted that policy right after the ban ended.  The dealers that thought they could get hundreds of these rifles are wrong, I don't care how long they were in business or who they deal with.  Every dealer in America wants the 6920 rifle.   Distributors get in a limited number of those rifles and send them out to dealers but will never have enough to get a single dealer that many of one item.  Yes a dealer could have received these rifles before the AWB expired in LE letter, there was no demand for the product at that time.  Back then a distributor would have twenty rifles sit on the floor for a year or more selling very few to Law Enforcement, all that "old stock" was bought up in the beginning weeks after the ban expired.  I've just recently seen where many distributors have been receiving the rifles again and many more dealers are placing adds on the gun threads.  Given some time the prices will drop.  I was at the Allentown gun show over the past weekend a dealer had 25 yes 25 6920's at $1350.00 on friday and had 2 left by noon on Saturday.  I can't verify his actual number thats what I was told but I did verify his price and saw he had 2 left.  I deal with a very "ethical" dealer in Pa. he charges $20.00 over invoice for any gun including the 6920.  He is however realistic, he won't take deposits and will only sell a gun when its on his rack....
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey don't get me wrong, I want one too!  I just have a bad feeling about the matter at hand. Nov02 is coming and I think we might have a freight train coming our way.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top