Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 8:29:27 PM EDT
I'm looking for the Desperado look and function. Maybe a guitar case, maybe something else.  Post your pics!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
tagged, I'll upload mine tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this is what you're looking for.
Reccegear Case @ Military Morons
The Receegear website is down temporarily but the MM article does a pretty good job describing it and has some great pictures.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
tag!

Hope this one gets good!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is the case for my favorite AR.  The case is a Fender soft case with a foam insert cut to fit my scoped AR.  Also, the bipod stows neatly in the padded slot in the front.  My anti-gun neighbors can rest at night thinking that they live next to a musician. http://www.poptarantula.com/photos/guitar_case_6_26_02/DSCN0037.JPG

http://www.poptarantula.com/photos/guitar_case_6_26_02/DSCN0042.JPG
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a discreet cary case (rectangular kind). I had the wifey sew on a Roland patch, so it looks like I play keyboards!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here is the case for my favorite AR.  The case is a Fender soft case with a foam insert cut to fit my scoped AR.  Also, the bipod stows neatly in the padded slot in the front.  My anti-gun neighbors can rest at night thinking that they live next to a musician.

www.poptarantula.com/photos/guitar_case_6_26_02/DSCN0037.JPG

www.poptarantula.com/photos/guitar_case_6_26_02/DSCN0042.JPG

I clean all my guns in the open garage, in plain view of anyone who walks by.

I don't GAF what the neighbors think.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#7]
tagged.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I too don't give a rats ass what my neigbors think. They already hate us as most of our cars have flowmaster exhaust systems and the tires seem to spin real easy like. My gun in the gun rack of my pickup just give em one more thing to bitch about. MWAAAHAAAHAA!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]

My guitAR case (get it?)

Edited to add: Not obvious from the photo but the AR and the accessories are fitted into the case, it's pretty neat actually.  I cut away from the original shape with a heated wire on the foam under the liner, then revelveted it with some spray adhesive.   You could hold the case up 90 degrees while open and everything should stay in place.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
That's very creative, guys. A little sneaky, too.  

I may have to attempt something like those guitAR cases in the future.

Keep the pics coming.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
while i have toyed with idea of using "discrete" cases, such as guitar cases (which are kind of obvious if you somewhat intelligent), violin cases(if i had a sub-gun, just for the "cool factor" not to be discreet, plus who the hell plays the violin anyways?), golf bags, brief cases, back packs, folding chair cases, etc, what would happen if you got pulled over?

even tho i would obviously say that i did have a firearm in the car, when the cop asked to see it, it would be kind of shady to remove it from something other than a bona-fide gun case.  I mean, what would the cop think?  "gee, why are you trying to hide that gun boy?, planning on doing something illegal?"

with all that aside, the only one i think would be discrete would be a double wide cue-stick case maybe, paerticularly if it was  a flat-top.

maybe one of those tubes that art students and architects keep blueprints in?

maybe a bat bag, or a tennis raquet holder?

gym bag?

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Actually, a tennis racquet bag is the preferred way for me to transport my Uzi or MP5.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I use a 26" plastic yellow tool box I got from Home Depot. Holds my 14.5" AR broken down, my Sig 226, 8 AR mags, 6 sig mags, ammo for both, ear protection, staple gun, and targets with room left over. Sorry, no pics.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
I use the yellow tool box too.  I just put a $3 throw mat folded inside to make dividers so everything isn't smacking into each other.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Tagged.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:06:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I wish I could get a picture of my golf bag, that I sometimes carry guns in
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:26:57 AM EDT
[#17]
i got it!!!!!

a box of roses via T2!

haha
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:12:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'm looking for the Desperado look and function. Maybe a guitar case, maybe something else.  Post your pics!

As you wish

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Where did you pick up that case?

Would hold my M4gery quite nicely......

Quoted:

Quoted:

As you wish

img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaleHeinz/AR%20Pics/DSC00606.jpg

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#20]
+1 on the toolbox.

Picked up a 26" Craftsman yellow/black on sale for $20...  Used a beach towel as "dividers" until I accumulated enough foam to make cutouts.. The tray on top holds 12 USGI mags perfectly, and has 2 smaller sections that were made for stripper clips..  That box easily holds the carbine, spoons, cleaning gear and well over 500 rounds....

It's lockable, very discreet between home and truck, and disappears under the back seat.

The only drawback?  No shoulder strap...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Toolboxes man think Toolboxes.

This is one using a 30" Lowes Toolbox to hold a 20" upper.

(Photo & Project are Cincinnatus, complete instructions can be found on Quarterbore's Website

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#22]
thats pretty cool.  But why not put a piece of 1" or 1/2" foam in between the 2" and 3"?  Or do you suggest leaving it like you did it for more ventilation?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I need to make one of these.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#24]
For my hippy town camo:

"I'm going camping."
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#25]

That's my boy...

Instructions are on Quarterbore, and the Maryland ar15 site.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
quarterbore.com/ar15m16/toolbox/lowesbox10.jpg

That's my boy...

Instructions are on Quarterbore, and the Maryland ar15 site.

Little slow my friend

Originally Posted By JTeezy
But why not put a piece of 1" or 1/2" foam in between the 2" and 3"? Or do you suggest leaving it like you did it for more ventilation?

I do use some 1/2" foam (cut from a GI sleeping mat) and IIRC Cincinatus recommends it as well.  I showed that picture because it shows how the parts get stacked.  Check out the directions it shows how.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I live in an apartment and own only about 4 gun cases. And that's all the neighbors ever see.

Once in a while I may take my target .22 out without a case. Or my hunting rifle. But that's it.

I think I'd be more worried carrying a Fender Guitar case around. Some stoner might breakin looking for a easy guitar to peddle.

But I have my paintball gun in a Plano tackle box. Tools and parts in the top and gun with barrel unscrewed in the lower ½.

But my chrony and tripod is in my Doskocil single gun hard case.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:01:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
while i have toyed with idea of using "discrete" cases, such as guitar cases (which are kind of obvious if you somewhat intelligent), violin cases(if i had a sub-gun, just for the "cool factor" not to be discreet, plus who the hell plays the violin anyways?), golf bags, brief cases, back packs, folding chair cases, etc, what would happen if you got pulled over?

even tho i would obviously say that i did have a firearm in the car, when the cop asked to see it, it would be kind of shady to remove it from something other than a bona-fide gun case.  I mean, what would the cop think?  "gee, why are you trying to hide that gun boy?, planning on doing something illegal?"

with all that aside, the only one i think would be discrete would be a double wide cue-stick case maybe, paerticularly if it was  a flat-top.

maybe one of those tubes that art students and architects keep blueprints in?

maybe a bat bag, or a tennis raquet holder?

gym bag?

You do not need to tell the cop that you have a gun in the car. You only ned to tell them when you have a LOADED gun in the car. I like the violin case, light weight, compact, and it holds quite a bit. The only downside is the fact that it's a VIOLIN case!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top