User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 7:32:04 PM EDT
Saw a Colt Carbine at the gunshop yesterday, the lower was marked:
AR-15A2
U.S. Government Property
I opened up at it had the sear block in it, so what gives? I was thinking of buying it, but not if it is fishy.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some Colt carbines made for Govt. agencies that had semi-auto FCG's just like the LE models. Model AR6520 for example. There are more. Perhaps this is one of them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they kind of rare? Worth More?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No but with every one buying the 6920 and not the 6520. One day everyone will own a 6920 and not a 6520. Then the 6520 will be RARE!!  Who knows It could happen.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Saw a Colt Carbine at the gunshop yesterday, the lower was marked:
AR-15A2
U.S. Government Property
I opened up at it had the sear block in it, so what gives? I was thinking of buying it, but not if it is fishy.

how much is he asking for it ?? can you give a good description of the carbine, is it actually marked "Colt Carbine" ?? if so there were only 1616 made for export, less than 300 remained in country, they are a good collector gun !!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the Government Carbines that has a s/n of GC0096XX. I don't know how many they made actually but there aren't that many out there. It is the A2 "pre-ban" style and has the raised magfence, pencil barrel, and it has the same pinned in sear block you saw. Mine has the same"AR15 A2" stamp on the receiver as well as Government Carbine. I only WISH I could have one of the rare Tactical Carbines or Colt Carbines
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top