Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 4:13:09 PM EDT
I'm planning to extend my collection of "no ban" weapons and I am trying to decide between 2 rifles. Bushmaster m4 w/ izzy FL and Rock River tactical entry no ban model. I was hoping you guys might have experience with one or both and could give me some advice. Also, does anybody know if Armalite is making a complete no ban rifle or just the parts?

Fear the Government that Fears your Gun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm planning to extend my collection of "no ban" weapons and I am trying to decide between 2 rifles. Bushmaster m4 w/ izzy FL and Rock River tactical entry no ban model. I was hoping you guys might have experience with one or both and could give me some advice. Also, does anybody know if Armalite is making a complete no ban rifle or just the parts?

I think it comes down to personal prefference on that. They are both good rifles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:51:06 PM EDT
[#2]
+1

Flip a coin to pick.  Buy the brand that you have least of .

Better yet, buy both.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy both is my philosophy Seriously, I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Think Chevy vs Ford vs Mopar.  Everyone has an opinion.

I did just finish my new AR (for my wife Sweetest Day, don'cha know!), a RRA.  I am impressed with the rifle.  Looks great, nice finishing, and shot perfect.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Also, does anybody know if Armalite is making a complete no ban rifle or just the parts?

Actually, Armalite was the first manufacturer to start making No-ban ARs for sale to the public. They started taking orders even before the ban had expired (and earned the ire of the anti-gun lobby for it).

Armalite is the anti-Colt when it comes to this politically correct BS.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Go for the RRA.  Here's a good price on what you are looking for: http://www.eaglefirearms.net/Rock%20River%20Arms%20Rifles.htm
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I own Oly and Bushmaster.. I like 'em both. Dads got a DPMS, buddy of his has a RR.. All shoot great.. Handle a few at a local shop or fun show, then buy both of them...
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Better yet, build your own. I have had Bushy's, Oly's, and RRA's and I would have to say that my home assembled Stag Arms is the best I have owned yet.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top