Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 4:03:21 PM EDT
Hi All,

I have a lower reciever on order and have just obtained a set of M16 handguards. My question may seem strange, but the handguards have a circular end and an elliptical end. The circular end mounts towards the reciever, while the elliptical end mount towards the front sight. Do I need a special connector/device to mount these handguards on a standard 20" complete upper assembly? For example, can I purchase a complete Rock River complete upper and expect to put these handgurads on? If not, what do I need to do to make this happen? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The receiver assy should have what you need. The forward HG retainer takes either style handguard, the rear is held by the delta ring.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The rear end is  circular and not an issue and the front end of the upper assembly will accept the oval shape? Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
yes.

In case you're wondering...

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Thanks!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top