Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 10:43:35 AM EDT
I bought a DPMS Accu Wedge (soft red rubbery wedge) and trimmed it on the seating surface and bottom (where it has a step that looks as if it wants to be trimmed).

There wasn't a LOT of slop to begin with: RRA A4 upper with an Ameetec Lower. They fit fairly well but that tiny amount of slop made the rifle feel like it was going to fall apart each time I handled the rifle.

I trimmed the wedge until the receivers could be pinned together with minimal compression. The rifle felt a lot more solid and if you ignore the extreme Bushmaster A2 handguard slop, it feels like a real rifle!

Are there any negatives or side effects that may result from using the accu wedge? I know that it does not affect accuracy since the optics and sights are all on the upper receiver, but not having a rickety rifle instills more confidence when shooting.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
my guess is it improves accuracy because you can hold he rifle steadier, the pistol grip and stock are on the lower.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:46:20 AM EDT
[#2]
1000+ rnds in my bushy w/ an accuwede

no problems at all; no play either
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#4]
don't worry about it at all. I have used that product in two separate AR 15 type rifles for five years, with absolutely no negative affects at all whatsoever.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top