Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 10:32:42 AM EDT
I have a M4 DPMS barrel that has a tight chamber.  Barrel is marked .223, wanting to get a chamber reamer.  Wondering if I should get a .223 or 5.56, going to put it on a registered colt lower.  Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Why do you feel it's too tight?   Is it length or do you have problems with the neck?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Men like it tight!

Not sure it reaming a finished barrel is the best thing to do.  Try polishing the chamber first with a mild abrasive and with a fine finishing compound.

Worst case scenario it that you will have to shoot .223 Remington ammo and not Nato spec.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have a M4 DPMS barrel that has a tight chamber.  Barrel is marked .223, wanting to get a chamber reamer.  Wondering if I should get a .223 or 5.56, going to put it on a registered colt lower.  Thanks in advance.  

Why would you get a .223 chambered DPMS barrel for your Colt lower.

That's like putting a Honda 50cc dirt bike engine in your Harley.

Get a decent M4 barrel (like a Bushmaster or Colt) with proper chambering and chrome lining.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's like putting a Honda 50cc dirt bike engine in your Harley.

At least it will be accurate, won't leak oil or sound like a rhino with bad gas.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top