Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:27:48 AM EDT
Picked it up off the Equip Exchange.  The thing works fine until I close the gun up.  The bolt gets jammed open by something (can usually dislodge by banging the stock with my hand).  Is this a common problem or is the one i have just messed up?  I have a bushy upper and RRA lower which is a tight fit to start with.  When i go to closet he gun i need to squeeze it together for the last quarter inch to get the pin in.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one that I've used a good bit over the years, they need to be very clean are picky with the ammo and use oil to keep them lubed up.  I usually carry some spray oil when  I take it shooting.  Try ripping it down with a good cleaning, then oil it and try again.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one that I've used a good bit over the years, they need to be very clean are picky with the ammo and use oil to keep them lubed up.  I usually carry some spray oil when  I take it shooting.  Try ripping it down with a good cleaning, then oil it and try again.

+1

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Don`t take this the wrong way but.....you don`t happen to be trying to close the gun up with the 223 mag still int he gun?  I did this once by accident and it stopped short of closing by about a quarter inch.  I can see if you actually got it closed be severly locked up.  

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#4]
tried closing it originally with 223 mag.  didn't slam on it, investigated and realized my mistake.  Took the mag out and it still has a hard time closing.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one...it didn't like the charging handle that originally came with the gun.  My problem was that the bolt  carrier woulnd't go all the way forward, so I couldn't even get the upper and lower closed.  Swapped out the carrying handle with the older style one (with the little wings on the front), and it worked fine.  If you have multiple ARs, try swapping the charging handles for grins...maybe that will help.  

Once I got this problem solved, my kit worked flawlessly.  It does get dirty, and it will dry out...so +1 on keeping it clean and lubed.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Try putting the bolt in with the hammer cocked and the close the upper and lower. Mine used to hang up on the front of the hammer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure the damn rail the bolt slides on isnt' bent or is binding. Mine was out of the box. A little tweaking by hand, a little clp and all was well
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you have the "squeeze" without the kit in the gun?

If you don't, then something maybe binding on the kit... This can bend the rail and cause your bolt not to ride flat...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top