Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/17/2004 7:14:20 AM EDT
Hi guys, Ive got a question for you.  The hardware store downtown is relocating, and in the process they are losing their gun section.  So, as a result they are having a gun clearance right now.  I go to check them out, and they have 10% off all their guns.  One that they have is a Colt AR-15 A2.  That is what it said on the lower receiver.  It looked fairly old.  It did not have a forward assist, or a case deflector.  It had a 20" barrel, A1 sights, the lower receiver did not have the raised section around the mag button, it was flat.  I was surprised at how light it was.....it was lighter than my 16" RRA.  The stock felt like more of a plastic than my current stock.  It just felt more plasticy.  It came with 7 USGI (Colt and Adventure Line) mags, which all looked good.  I believe it said "Sporter" or "Sporter II" on the lower receiver, I cant remember which.  The rifle was in good condition, it looked like it hadnt been fired too much.  It had a bayonet lug, and a flash hider.  Thats all I can think of for right now.  Based on the above information, is it possible  to distinguish an approximate age?  Value?  He was asking $1250 for it, take 10% off and it goes to $1125.  Id guess it would come down a little more once they get closer to the end of stocking guns.  Is it something I should pick up, or pass on?  Any help you could give me would be appreciated.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It may have been worth $1100 during the ban, but it's not worth that now. $800 yes, $900 maybe.  That's all I'd consider paying for it; but then I'm a cheapskate
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not buy it for that price.....or anywhere close

since:

A) it is an older model

B) Not a collector version

C) That money gets you a brand new, top of the line AR today, PLUS extra mags

my $.02
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys I will pass on it.  I was planning on getting a 20" Stag/RRA so I will go ahead with those plans.  Just wanted to check on this first.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
it is a transitional model...done to use up the A1 parts before going all A2...nice light rifle...but too much in $
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top