Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 7:57:23 PM EDT
Got one round off before rifle went down.  Since I was at an indoor gun range, I was using "ceramic" frangible 223 rounds.  The second round misfed and the clay bullet broke off in the barrel!  After locating a cleaning rod, I was able to force it back out.  Thank God that the broken bullet didn't go farther down the barrel, allowing a subsequent round to bulge the new barrel out.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch. That would suck. Other than that, how did it go?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Once I got it back up and running, it was the star of the range.  Here in CA, people rarely see AR's, let alone a SIR setup with magpul stock & aimpoint ML2.  

I guess I need to take it to the outdoor range and try to zero in the sights.  The aimpoint red dot was about 4" above where it was hitting on the paper.  I guess I need to adjust the Aimpoint "down"....................
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#3]
how bout some pics?!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
How did you get the upper?  Just order it off their website?  Tell us more.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't gone to the range with this yet....

Will probably get some strange looks when I do, AR10 with rifle length SIR.   I've been so busy I haven't been able to get it to the range for some official range time for sight in and evalutation of if the SIR plus JP trigger made the improvement I was hoping for.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#6]

The bottom rifle remains virgin :-)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top