Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2004 1:16:51 PM EDT
Why doesn't Bushmaster use the fatter, double insulated handguards like the Colt M4?  I'm not really concerned about having the double heat shields, but I do like the look of the fatter handguards.  What is the best brand to get, and where can I get them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They do as an add on.  The standard CAR handguards come with their uppers.  

If you want one, any brand is good.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster and RRA buy their furniture from the same supplier.  RRA charges less for theirs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the DPMS Glacier Guards because they are really fat and  thick with the fifteen internal cooling fins . They are strong and the fins provide superior cooling than the metal heat shields . They feel so much better than those thin M4 handguards .
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bushmaster and RRA buy their furniture from the same supplier.  RRA charges less for theirs.

That's odd....I have a set of BM and RRA black CAR  handguards and they are NOT made the same the BM ones are made better and have different heatshields.  The BM ones fit tight and the RRA ones are loose on the same AR.  I think the same company ony makes their colapsable stocks.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
The DPMS Glacier Guards are a sick joke.

They do nothing at all. How could they?

Real "cooling fins" are milled into a barrel and conduct heat directly through the metal.

The DPMS Glacier Guards do not even touch the barrel! So how can they dissipate any heat? Tell me that, huh!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top