Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 12:39:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, the writing in that add was....interesting.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
No Bushy logo ?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Truth in advertising anyone?....

Anyone??
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd love to see one with a bipod installed on the fron swivel
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of those lovely things and the damn thing broke with not even two hundred rounds down the tube.
The receiver cracked where the buffer extension threads in. The buffer and tube flew off the back, thank god it was being shot at waist level.
I love bushmaster rifles but I have had four total carbon fiber guns go bad and I am not sold on them yet.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have had four total carbon fiber guns go bad and I am not sold on them yet.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but how many chances are you going to give them??
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess everyone has forgotten the Professional Ordanace was bought out buy Bushmaster.  How else do you think all these "new" carbon fiber rifles and pistols have come around.  Do a search on Pro Ord and you will find just about complete dis-satisfaction with thier crappy products.  Just because Bushmaster put their name on it does not mean all of a sudden the guns are great.  Good luck with it!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have had four total carbon fiber guns go bad and I am not sold on them yet.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but how many chances are you going to give them??

+1

Sounds like 3 too many IMO.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bought one of those lovely things and the damn thing broke with not even two hundred rounds down the tube.
The receiver cracked where the buffer extension threads in. The buffer and tube flew off the back, thank god it was being shot at waist level.
I love bushmaster rifles but I have had four total carbon fiber guns go bad and I am not sold on them yet.

If that was the case, the problem would be more wide spread that just you. Class action suits and/or recalls would follow. Since you are under 10 posts why dont you stick to thing like; telling us about your buddy that is in the seals, how bad the m16 was in Vietnam (based on you own experience, of course) or just ask what kind of rifle Pacino used in Heat.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#10]
This is the first one I have had for myself the other three were rifles I sold in my store. none of them were anything this seriuos though.
I am sorry I have so few posts but how does 38 put you much ahead?
Bushmaster is treating me good so far they sent UPS to pick up the gun and we will see what they have to say about it. I think I might try to get them to send me a plain jane mtal rifle back.
we will have to see how that goes
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I guess everyone has forgotten the Professional Ordanace was bought out buy Bushmaster.  How else do you think all these "new" carbon fiber rifles and pistols have come around.  Do a search on Pro Ord and you will find just about complete dis-satisfaction with thier crappy products.  Just because Bushmaster put their name on it does not mean all of a sudden the guns are great.  Good luck with it!

Obviously your clueless. BM redesigned the whole gun, including the bad part on the PO ones- the bolt. They re-made the bolt assy. and will warranty this gun like their other BM rifles.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Obviously your clueless. BM redesigned the whole gun, including the bad part on the PO ones- the bolt. They re-made the bolt assy. and will warranty this gun like their other BM rifles.

+1 DOA.  I have a friend in ND that has 2 of the Bushy carbon series guns.  Both are blasters.

nationwide rates the Bushy carbon firearms a "buy"
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Redesigned or not by Bushmaster, the problems with composite materials being used in firearms (lower and upper receivers) are injection molding related (not hand laid, continueous stands).  The glass fiber stands are "chopped" for ease of injection.  

Moreover, the dimensions of the parts (upper and lower receiver) are dictated by the use of off the shelf related mechanical items (trigger, bolt, etc).  Dimensioned for metallic use - not composite specfic applications.  

All of these compromises, especially in thread and pin support surfaces result in mechanical features that are are not as rigid or strong as equivalent metal surfaces.

Also, composite materials degrade rapidly from the effects of  heat, shock and ulta violet light.  Much more rapidly than metal.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top