Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/16/2004 2:25:52 AM EDT
Which do you prefer and why ??? I'm looking to put a trigger in my Bushy BAR 10, so far about all the action the gun see's is bench duty...The stock trigger pull is a crisp 9lbs...Not good....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends if you want a single stage or two stage. JP = Single Stage. Jewell = 2 Stage. If you're going to be using this gun for very long distances (200+), I recommend the Jewell. If you're going to be using it in more tactical applications, I recommend the JP.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#2]
What caneau said about single vs two stage.  To appreciate a two stage you take up the first stage and it makes the second stage feel lighter.  It does add a time element to the whole process.  

The Jewell is very user freindly.  It has a couple of easily adjustable functions that are accessible when the upper is up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Is JP the fastest trigger out there?  Does it (or any other AR trigger) have a shorter trigger pull?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies, I went ahead and ordered the Jewell...I have the trigger from my Stainless Varmint Special in the BAR 10 now, and its almost to lite for the .308...I have found myself double tapping by accident because of the recoil...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The only two other single stage triggers that I know of on the market with light trigger pulls are the McCormick drop in unit and the Accuracy Speaks one. I haven't tried either but I'll probably get a McCormick later this year. $160 is hard to beat when all it takes is two pins and you're done.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top