Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 11:48:03 PM EDT
The NVDs tend to make the protec helmet rotate forward, even with the chin strap real snug like.

I know some folks that use a two pound dive weight... but I hate to carry weight for the sake of weight.  A strobe is the obvious choice, but I don't think they weigh enough to do the job of balancing so well, and besides, LED technology is making some pretty small strobes these days.

What am I missing?  What piece of kit do I want to strap to the back of my head to keep my hat on straight?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Just running off at the mouth here, but I would try a small first aid kit (tactically painted of course)or maybe tape a main meal or two of an MRE to it.  At least they are more useful in a pinch than a dive weight.

Cheers
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I've ran the PVS 14 with the Pro tech. I still have it but I run it pretty much exclusively now with a PASGT helmet. Even better options would be a MICH or Gunfighter helmet.

You'll be a lot more satisfied in the future.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Your Protec is rotating because it is too big for you. It needs to fit snugly around your entire head. If it isn't snug when it goes on no amount of chin strap tightening will solve the problem.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
to balance a pvs 14 try one M9 mag, and a light weight strobe  to balance a pvs 7 try one twenty round M4 mag,  it always been about right, :)
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#5]
How about one of them two can beer holders?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
We stick velcro on the back of our flight helmets and attach a weight bag with two rolls of pennies as a counterweight.

Go find a pilot and they'll show you how its done...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top